SoFi is hiring a Membership Associate, responsible for concepting, planning, and executing our events across the country. You are a crucial member of the Membership team, arranging and hosting events for SoFi’s 600K+ customers (as we call them, "members"). This opportunity is perfect for an outgoing, detail-oriented and resourceful individual who is a natural self-starter and strong team player. Within the Membership Associate role, there is significant opportunity to grow with the team responsible for delivering the SoFi experience to a rapidly growing and diverse member base.
SoFi is a new kind of finance company taking a new type of approach to personal finance. From unprecedented products and tools to faster service and open conversations, we’re all about helping our members get ahead and get their money right. Whether they’re looking to buy a home, save money on student loans, grow in their careers, or invest in the future, the SoFi community works to empower our members to accomplish the goals they set and achieve financial independence as a result.
You are a...
- Natural self-starter, able to adapt to change and move quickly
- Outgoing personality that enjoys helping people connect with one another
- Creative and resourceful problem solver that is also detail-oriented
- Have thick skin and a good sense of humor
- Fan of travel and meeting new people!
Responsibilities will include...
- Plan and execute all logistics for SoFi member events along the East Coast (i.e. Boston, New York, Washington, DC, Atlanta, etc.) from ideation to execution, metric gathering and reporting and management of budgets, venues, members, speakers, vendors, etc.
- Develop an understanding of our member preferences by region and create experiences that cater to their unique makeup
- Draft email copy and collaborate with the email marketing, and Compliance teams to deploy event invitations
- Create event registration pages and manage member inquiries and RSVPs
- Order and ship SoFi marketing and promotional items to events for attendees
- Host events and interacting with members and SoFi staff
- Serve as an advocate for our members by listening to their stories and sharing out with key stakeholders as needed
- Report to and assist the East Coast Manager of Member Experiences with execution of large-scale national events and other strategic programs
- Participate in ongoing reporting and measurement activities in a timely, data-driven manner
- 50% travel – this role requires approximately 2 weeks of domestic travel per month
- Thrives in a fast-paced, team environment
- Ability to take direction and switch between working autonomously and team collaboration
- Strong organizational and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Able to prioritize and manage completing tasks and show resourcefulness under pressure
- Adaptability - adapts to changes in the work environment, learns to anticipate potential next steps while managing competing and often shifting priorities
- Ability to be productive on the road as well as in the office
- Familiarity and comfort with social media, including Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
- 1-2 years of event planning, client, project or program management experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior knowledge of SoFi or financial industry a plus