Senior Product Designer, Design Systems
SoFi is a values-driven company on a mission to help our members get their money right. We create modern financial products and services that help people borrow, save, spend, invest, and protect their money better, so that they can achieve financial independence and realize their ambitions—from owning a home to saving for retirement, paying off their student loans, and more.
SoFi is looking for a Product Designer to join our design team, focused on designing and building an end-to-end design system for our mobile and web apps. As a member of the SoFi Core Design team, you’ll work closely with other designers, researchers, and our Product and Engineering teams to bring consistency and simplicity to the SoFi member experience. You’re passionate about design details and think in systems, not just screens. You’ll empower designers and developers while solving meaningful problems and creating new design patterns and paradigms.
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. Next we expanded our products and services across loans, wealth management, and insurance. SoFi Money—a modern take on a checking or savings account--is our newest innovation and disruption to the financial services industry. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
- Conceptualize, define, design, and maintain a visual system across web, iOS, and Android platforms
- Work with research and product design partners to drive a continual cycle of design system iteration and improvements
- Create the components for the system in collaboration with the product design team and business leaders
- Document usage guidelines and specs for components and patterns within the system
- Partner with engineers as they build and ship components
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, PM, marketing and other teams in the company to evangelize the design system
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years of experience designing products across web, iOS, and Android
- 1-2 years of experience working on design systems
- A 4-year degree in a relevant field or equivalent practical experience
- Exceptional interaction and visual design skills with an eye for accessibility, localization, and motion
- Expert knowledge of Sketch, Abstract, Adobe Creative Suite, and prototyping tools
- Ability to communicate design rationale with the internal team and stakeholders
- Experience working across web, mobile and tablet application interfaces
- Comfortable in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, agile environment with multiple stakeholders
- Experience working in an Agile development environment using tools like Jira and Confluence
- A portfolio URL or PDF to submit with application with examples of mobile and responsive web product design
- Company paid lunch program, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.