Senior Risk Analyst
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial
Our group is tasked with reducing fraud on
In 2018, SoFi will be launching other financial service products and fraud strategies will include transactions as well as account origination.
Although fraud experience has been best in class among fintech lenders, SoFi has aggressive fraud reduction goals for 2018.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Reduce fraud losses and minimize customer friction by maintaining and developing fraud defense strategies and associated processes across the customer lifecycle.
- Maintain and improve a series of dashboard reporting that will help operations managers effectively manage their fraud investigations
as well as help senior managementunderstand fraud trends and exposures.
- Identify key risk indicators and metrics to enhance reporting.
- Monitor fraud losses, establish root cause and take corrective action where opportunities exist to prevent recurrence. Ensure losses remain within risk goals.
- Monitor performance of fraud models, escalate related issues and challenge vendors to improve.
- Work on proof of concepts involving new technologies and proactively seek out
vendorand internal solutions to fraud problems.
- Review existing operational processes for
cost effectiveness, compliance tostandards, and flexibility to meet future needs.
- Work with Director on monthly analyses/reporting for Operations Risk Management and Credit Risk Committee presentations.
- Work with other teams across the business (particularly Tech and Marketing) to ensure existing products work to specifications and new products and services include fraud mitigation strategies.
- Work closely with the fraud investigations team to understand threats and the development of defenses.
- Work closely with model governance to assess
performanceof risk models and ensure necessary actions are taken and implemented.
- Representing fraud interests on projects within SoFi.
- Represent SoFi at industry forums, ensuring output is shared and best practice adopted.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Superior analytical skills and capabilities.
- Strong aptitude for technical concepts and ideas.
- Prior fraud experience with financial services or a retail-based company.
- High achievement orientation with
abilityto lead and motivate others around results.
- Understanding “deep data” and machine learning environments.
- Prefer experience in either R or Python programming languages.
- Translating complex analysis into concise presentations with sound business conclusions.
- Executive presence and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work across functions as well as with outside parties to ensure alignment and timely implementation of initiatives
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional partners to understand and address key business challenges.
- P&L knowledge and understanding of profit drivers.
- Ability to work well within deadlines.
- Employer paid lunch program, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by
SoFIfor employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.