Senior Program Manager
SoFi is hiring an experienced Senior Program Manager to join our software engineering development team. The successful candidate will work directly with engineering and business owners to ensure deliverables fall within established timelines and scope. They will manage and direct the implementation of small to large projects that require the definition, development, delivery and deployment of technical solutions that meet stakeholder needs and are compatible with business drivers.
We are looking for a creative and dedicated individual who will fit our innovative, transparent, collaborative culture. Our ideal candidate is structured, but flexible, and provides just enough formality to successfully deliver products. If you enjoy working with other professionals who believe in creating innovative solutions to challenging problems, we encourage you to apply.
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. Next we expanded our products and services across loans, wealth management, and insurance. SoFi Money—a modern take on a checking or savings account--is our newest innovation and disruption to the financial services industry. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
- Coordinate between multiple teams to align team objectives.
- Manage program roadmap to support the strategic business objectives.
- Manage/engage with multiple software engineering projects concurrently.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Provide single point of contact for our business partners on assigned projects. Establish and conduct meetings to communicate expectations, project roles, status updates (including schedule, milestones, metrics, risks and issues) and work with all groups and clients to resolve issues as required.
- Scope project and develop implementation project plan, measurable project goals, objectives, tasks, timelines and monitors progress toward achievement.
- Identify technical risks and develop risk mitigation plans.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path items and follow appropriate methodologies.
- Participate in establishing policies and procedures that are consistent with overall company policies and operating objectives.
- Maintain excellent communication with all levels of management, be responsive to customers, and provide appropriate training and cross-training to other team members.
- Effectively manage/engage with remote teams
- Proven working experience as a project manager in software engineering
- Strong experience with delivering projects via Iterative and Agile software development methodologies.
- Proven ability to work with developers and communicate clearly to non-technical audiences.
- A thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Desire to work in fast-paced, multitasking, fluid environment with ever-changing priorities.
- Flexible management style; ability to quickly adapt to diverse and changing environments and business needs.
- Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time, with minimum oversight.
- Strong organization and execution skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to confidently handle the top responsibility for project completion.
- Strong knowledge of JIRA, Confluence, G Suite, MS Word, Excel, MS PowerPoint, Visio etc.
- Ability to stay focused on big picture, perform multiple tasks and prioritize competing responsibilities based on workload, management directives, and customer demands.
- Interest in staying involved with fast-changing information technologies and tools.
- Effective communication, aptitude; flexibility and ability to adapt to change. Proven ability to communicate effectively with both business and engineering staff.
- Strong ability to work together cohesively as a team, towards a common goal, creating a positive working atmosphere, and supporting each other to combine individual strengths to enhance team performance.
- Ability to negotiate for competing resources and to generate consensus among multiple priorities.
- Experience organizing and facilitating Agile ceremonies such as sprint planning, daily standup, sprint review/demo and retrospectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) and 5-10 years of managing software engineering projects
- Certification: PMP, CPM, ACPM preferred
- Lunch stipend, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.