Mobile Engineer (All Levels)
Levels we're hiring for: Associate, Engineer, Engineer, Sr. Engineer, Staff Engineer, Sr. Staff Engineer, Principal Engineer
Teams Hiring: Credit Card, SoFi Relay, Rewards
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. Next we expanded our products and services across loans, wealth management, and insurance. SoFi Money—a modern take on a checking or savings account--is our newest innovation and disruption to the financial services industry. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Works on multiple major projects of the highest complexity requiring forefront-of-the-field, innovative solutions.
- Consistently demonstrates extremely high levels of technical knowledge, ingenuity and creativity. Develops and applies advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts. Broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of specialty. Widely recognized as a technical expert within the professional community. Accomplishments contribute to state of the art field in the of expertise both within and outside the lab.
- Work cross functionally with other teams to help make their features fully accessible to all users. This role offers a unique chance to touch virtually every feature in SoFi's Android or iOS application.
- Work within the Engineering team to develop features that specifically benefit our users.
- Develop, modify and unit test software applications in local, networked, or Internet-based software programs.
- Must be able to deliver high quality code on schedule, communicate with groups in and outside the development team.
- 2+ years of experience in mobile programming and mobile architecture
- Previous experience building mobile applications with rich UI and great UX
- Love for building mobile applications and detailed knowledge of Android or iOS
- Experience in using REST services (JSON/XML)
- Understanding of HTTP/S and web-based application architecture
- Passion for delivering the best user experience possible on mobile
- Relational Database knowledge including SQL programming.
- Work and play well with others; SoFi is a collaborative environment
- Familiar with agile development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent from a fully-accredited college or university
- Familiarity with programming in an object-oriented language like Java/Kotlin or Objective-C/Swift