Senior Engineer, Software (Growth)
Who We Are
SoFi is a digital personal finance company whose mission is to help its members achieve financial independence to realize their ambitions, whether that be to buy a house one day, start a family on their own terms or be debt free. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member Get Their Money Right®. By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services by embracing technology to build innovative loan products, investment tools, and more. One of the fastest growing fintech companies, we’ve grown from 250 employees in 2015 to over 1,500 employees today, and are well on our way to reaching 1 million members. With offices across the US, we offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team and some of the best talent around. As an employer, we strive to hire employees who are committed to both our company’s mission and our desire to build the best culture in the world. If you are driven, passionate about what you do, and excited about the SoFi mission, we would love to hear from you.
We are seeking a Senior Engineer to join our team. On our team, you will be in the middle of it all - implementing functionality, architecting our system, squashing bugs, maintaining the health of our code, and continually growing as an engineer. The ideal candidate is both forward-thinking and hands-on, has a strong sense of ownership and drive for delivery, and is a good mentor and co-worker. At SoFi, we pride ourselves on the collaboration between Product, Design
and Engineering and so you will be involved in the entire product lifecycle, from ideation through building, deploying and continual improvement and evolution.
What You'll Do:
- Deliver highly available and scalable services in a production environment
- Participate in code and design reviews
- Help translate product requirements into user stories and technical solutions
- Help to ensure our system is highly available and responsive for our members.
- Generate ideas for new initiatives and technologies
- Bachelor's Degree, ideally in a technical field, but we understand great engineers come from all sorts of different backgrounds and also consider relevant work experience
- 6+ years programming experience, ideally on a modern stack
- Our core stack is Java / Spring / PostgreSQL, but you don't have to be an expert in any of these. 4+ years Java, Kotlin or Scala programming experience and an understanding of relational databases and ORMs suffices
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves, collaborate with others and get stuff done
- Strong sense of responsibility; driving a project from inception to completion
- Affinity for solving problems and shipping impactful features, not polishing perfect code or architecture
- Experience working in a collaborative coding environment (and git specifically), refining designs together, working through code reviews and managing pull requests
Nice To Have:
- Interest in personal finance
- Experience managing your own investments or experience taking out loans
- Experience with docker, and comfortable with a command line
Why You'll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits; 100% of premiums paid by SoFi for employees and their dependents
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Lunch stipend, a fully stocked kitchen, and gym membership
- And of course, competitive salary packages and bonuses
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.