Senior Manager, Specialized Processes and Implementation
The Senior Manager, Collections and Special Processing will manage team of agents and managers with responsibility for specialized handling and documentation including forbearance enrollments, credit bureau disputes, Money neg balance, debt validation and several other items. Additionally, this team will be responsible for generating business requirements, supporting new technology implementation and strategic initiatives while driving business and process changes.
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. Next we expanded our products and services across loans, wealth management, and insurance. SoFi Money—a modern take on a checking or savings account--is our newest innovation and disruption to the financial services industry. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
Essential Function & Responsibilities
- Independently manage a team of people who handle special processes including SCRA, credit bureau disputes, overdrawn SoFi money accounts, and other manual processes.
- Foster an environment focused on finding solutions for pain points and on creating innovative differentiators
- Work closely with project managers to drive implementation of new initiatives within Loss Mitigation. Develop business requirements, operating procedures and assist with UAT.
- Hold team members accountable for performance by defining clear goals, objectives, responsibilities, and priorities.
- Develop and design contact strategies across multiple channels including outbound, e-mail, SMS and other various methods.
- Oversee forbearance enrollments and implementation of new treatments. Ensure adherence with requirements and customer qualification.
- Identify, escalate issues and propose recommended solutions regarding potential issues with process, systems, collection tools, treatments and operations inefficiencies, to leadership with the goal of contributing to operational success.
- Monitors the day-to-day activities of functional area to ensure compliance to internal policy, legal and pertinent regulations. Establishes, monitors and maintains internal policies and procedures as well as business continuity plans.
- Hire, train, motivate, monitor and coach managers and associates. Manage overall staffing levels to ensure levels are in-line current and upcoming business needs.
- Utilizes experience and specialized knowledge of specific functional areas and internal policies and procedures to respond to and make appropriate decisions to resolve the most complex situations. Participates in cross-functional projects designed to mitigate risk to the bank due to inefficiencies, fraud or lack of compliance.
- Participates in special projects as requested.
- Minimum Bachelors or Associate Degree
- Minimum 7 years Collections experience
- 5+ years of management experience
- Call center or processing center management experience strongly preferred
- Experience hiring, training, motivating, monitoring and coaching teams of customer service & processing employees
- Strong supervisory and management skills are required to lead other managers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to answer questions and communicate issues clearly & concisely to associates, customers as well as management
- Ability to react to change quickly and implement new processes & procedures
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Professional demeanor and excellent work habits are essential
- Some travel will be required
Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
100% of medical, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
Generous vacation and holidays
401(k) and education on retirement planning.
Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
Employer paid lunch program and subsidized gym membership.
Fully stocked kitchen (snacks & drinks)