First Data (FDR) Sr. Manager of Core Processing
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. Next we expanded our products and services across loans, wealth management, and insurance. SoFi Money—a modern take on a checking or savings account--is our newest innovation and disruption to the financial services industry. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
This role is to ensure that all products are implemented in a correct, cost effective, and timely manner in alignment with specifications and quality requirements. The role requires experience in the management of a Third Party Processor platforms as it relates to credit card issuing processing. Familiarity with First Data Core Processing Platform including but not limited to: card processing, system maintenance and testing, overall responsibility for Product Control File (PCF), including Parameter and Strategy settings. Additionally, experience required with Cardholder pricing strategy settings including, ALP, MLP and TLP table updates. One must possess the fundamental knowledge of settings analysis, program design and specifications, testing, support and documentation.They are also required to understand process mapping and business process, be able to analyze business processes and workflows with the objective of finding out how they can be improved or automated. They are expected to become the SME of their respective business functions and learn applications, data, and workflow, and bring a holistic view which drives insights. Role is responsible for solving complex problems and identifying innovative solutions for internal and external stakeholders.
- Program and test First Data card platform PCF (Product Control File) settings for new and existing card products
- Cardholder pricing strategy development including, ALP, MLP and TLP table maintenance
- Translate business requirements into PCF settings
- Work with other internal SoFi resources regarding processor-related ETL processes
- Manage the overall configuration of the processing platform as required
- Configure and build fulfillment collateral on the processing platform
- Troubleshoot processing system issues related to PCF configuration
- Manage project lifecycle and implementation schedules
- Coordinate and communicate with Member Experience on client-impacting projects
- Manage non-routine, complex platform and vendor partner change requests, as well as short term tactical and strategic Member initiatives
- Proactively identify operational opportunities to increase service quality or efficiency
- Prepare and maintain detailed project plans, status reports, and issues logs
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as required
- Own the M cycle environment for testing
Requirements & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience with First Data credit card processing platform. (PCF, TLP, MLP, ALP)
- Experience with monetary and non-monetary transactions
- Batch file transmission process experience
- 3+ years’ experience in a support role in software, financial services, or information services
- Apply a structured methodology and lead change management activities
- Aptitude to learn the platforms and technology supporting our end to end operations, becoming a subject matter expert
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, fluid environment with ever-changing priorities
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress
- Strong communication skills, proven ability to communicate effectively with both business and engineering staff
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of medical, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- Generous vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
- Employer paid lunch program and subsidized gym membership.
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks & drinks)