The Manager, Collections will manage multiple Associate Managers who lead separate teams of 10 – 15 Collectors, with responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the Collections department. Responsible for driving business and process changes to ensure SoFi customers have an exceptional experience.
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. Next we expanded our products and services across loans, wealth management, and insurance. SoFi Money—a modern take on a checking or savings account--is our newest innovation and disruption to the financial services industry. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
Essential Function & Responsibilities
- Independently manage multiple Associate Managers who lead teams of 10-15 collections non-exempt associates
- Foster an environment focused on finding solutions for pain points and on creating innovative differentiators
- Monitor implement and design Collections outbound dialer strategy, manual calling and skip tracing effectiveness in an inbound/outbound blended environment. Benchmark results with prior performance and partner 3rd party agencies.
- Hold team members accountable for performance by defining clear goals, objectives, responsibilities, and priorities.
- Identify, escalate issues and propose recommended solutions regarding potential issues with process, systems, collection tools, treatments and operations inefficiencies, to leadership with the goal of contributing to operational success.
- Monitors the day-to-day activities of functional area to ensure compliance to internal policy, legal and pertinent regulations. Establishes, monitors and maintains internal policies and procedures as well as business continuity plans.
- Oversee Collections Incentive program. Monitor design and quality of program to ensure it is improving overall collections effectiveness
- Hire, train, motivate, monitor and coach associate managers and collections associates. Manage overall staffing levels to ensure levels are in-line with capacity plans. Work with training staff to ensure materials facilitate adequate skills training.
- Utilizes experience and specialized knowledge of specific functional areas and internal policies and procedures to respond to and make appropriate decisions to resolve the most complex situations. Participates in cross-functional projects designed to mitigate risk to the bank due to inefficiencies, fraud or lack of compliance.
- Participates in special projects as requested.
- Minimum Bachelors or Associate Degree
- Minimum 5 years Collections experience
- 3+ years of management experience
- Call center or processing center management experience strongly preferred
- Experience hiring, training, motivating, monitoring and coaching teams of customer service & processing employees
- Strong supervisory and management skills are required to lead other managers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to answer questions and communicate issues clearly & concisely to associates, customers as well as management
- Ability to react to change quickly and implement new processes & procedures
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Professional demeanor and excellent work habits are essential
- Some travel will be required
Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
100% of medical, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
Generous vacation and holidays
401(k) and education on retirement planning.
Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
Employer paid lunch program and subsidized gym membership.
Fully stocked kitchen (snacks & drinks)