Strategic Project Associate
SoFi is seeking a qualified Strategic Project Associate to join a multi-disciplinary team focused on an exciting new initiative in the company. The ideal candidate will need to learn quickly and excel in cross-functional collaboration to contribute quickly in a fast-moving environment. Prior experience in one or more of the following areas would be helpful: strategic finance, standing up new businesses or large initiatives, hands-on project management, and/or banking compliance. This role will offer visibility and impact across all aspects of SoFi’s businesses and products lines, offering a rarely available opportunity for insight into the whole company.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
Project Management: Own the project management responsibility for the new company initiative and assist the Sr Director, Corporate Finance & Operations Strategy in executing daily tasks needed to ensure its success.
Financial Modeling / Forecasting: Partner with the Revenue Finance and FP&A teams at SoFi to plan and forecast activities to agree on a single business plan that can be used for the analysis of different business scenarios.
Communications: Establish a communications plan to ensure that all key stakeholders are appropriately brought into the process at applicable times and that such stakeholders are properly updated on progress with regards to the multiple work streams involved in the project Keep abreast of trends in the market and alert stakeholders to potential implications that may affect the initiative Help to prepare presentations and talking points for key stakeholders, including SoFi’s executive team and BOD
- 5+ years of experience in one of the following or adjacent fields: consulting, audit, strategic operations, banking, finance
- Desire to learn horizontally about other functions and products in the company, but also work vertically (in depth) in areas like finance or compliance when necessary
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Google Slides
- Ability to influence others and build consensus where possible
- Desire to invest significant time upfront to quickly learn about the company and the functional areas / business lines that impact this initiative
- Willingness to take ownership of work that may seem onerous but highly impactful to the project
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements applicable to depository institutions
- Familiarity with fintech and financial institutions
- Excellent written and oral communication and relationship management skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of medical, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- Generous vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
- Employer paid lunch program and subsidized gym membership.
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks & drinks)
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.