Compliance Specialist, Advertising Review - Securities & Investment Advice
The Compliance Specialist will focus on investment management / securities marketing and advertising compliance. The role is responsible for providing compliance expertise and partnership support to SoFi’s Marketing, Business Development, Product Development, and Engineering departments. In a manner supportive of SoFi’s culture of cross-functional collaboration, the Specialist will review all communications with the public prior to distribution in accordance with FINRA and SEC advertising rules, regulations, and best practices.
The ideal candidate will have experience with FINRA (Rule 2210) and SEC rules and regulations as they apply to all forms of traditional advertising, sales literature, and internal training material, as well as to electronic communications. The Specialist must be able to reasonably, practically, flexibly, and independently interpret and apply these rules in a business environment to ensure balance between effective marketing and good compliance. The Specialist will also assist with other compliance initiatives related to supporting regulatory examinations, consumer protection, and oversight efforts. The ideal candidate will have experience with securities and investment advice regulatory requirements. This includes, but is not limited to, Securities Act of 33, Exchange Act of 34, Advisers Act of 40, and the FINRA Rule Framework. The Compliance Specialist may also assist, as needed, with other enterprise
compliance initiatives related to supporting regulatory examinations, consumer protection, and oversight efforts.
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their ambitions. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. Next we expanded our products and services across loans, wealth management, and insurance. SoFi Money—a modern take on a checking or savings account--is our newest innovation and disruption to the financial services industry. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Providing day-to-day advertising compliance support to various business units and act as the key
- Researching regulatory risks, documenting analysis, and communicating recommended or
- required action
- Assisting with the development, maintenance, and documentation of WSP’s, compliance manual,
- process workflows, and standard operating procedures
- Reviewing any communications or material consistent with FINRA and SEC regulations, including
- SoFi’s policies, procedures and brand image
- Maintaining accurate documentation on behalf of document owners to ensure timely filing and
- proper recordkeeping, as required by FINRA
- Preparing comprehensive management reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing large
- quantities of data
- Providing one-on-one education and group trainings on advertising compliance regulations,
- policies, procedures, and industry best practices relating to compliance.
- Contributing to the monitoring of changes in applicable laws, regulations, and industry standards
- Supervising and/or participating in the maintenance and administration of the compliance
- assurance calendar, including creation of tests and testing compliance with firm policies and
- procedures and follow-up on outstanding issues.
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Must have a Series 7, 24, 63, and 65 (or 66) Licenses.
- Degree from an accredited university or significant relevant experience strongly preferred.
- Collaborative, with an affinity for developing and fostering cross-functional relationships with key stakeholders.
- Thorough understanding of securities markets and compliance obligations of FINRA registered
- Broker Dealers and SEC Registered Investment Advisors
- Past experience in compliance monitoring, oversight, or assurance programs at large institutions
- Ability to analyze and interpret applicable rules, regulations, and policies
- Experience with a self-directed or discount brokerage platform highly desired; understanding of fractional-share trading preferred.
- Working understanding of general banking and lending regulations is helpful
- Excellent oral and communication skills: must be able to effectively articulate regulatory risks and proposed mitigation
- Superior organization skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly with Excel
- Desire to develop practical, creative solutions that meet business needs while remaining compliant with applicable laws and regulations
- Strong work ethic and ability to remain motivated in an independent, fast-paced, and changing work environment
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of medical, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- Generous vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
- Employer-paid lunch program and subsidized gym membership.
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks & drinks)
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.