Principal/Director Product Owner, Invest
Who We Are
SoFi is a digital personal finance company whose mission is to help its members achieve financial independence to realize their ambitions, whether that be to buy a house one day, start a family on their own terms or be debt free. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member Get Their Money Right®. By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services by embracing technology to build innovative loan products, investment tools, and more. One of the fastest growing fintech companies, we’ve grown from 250 employees in 2015 to over 1,500 employees today, and are well on our way to reaching 1 million members. With offices across the US, we offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team and some of the best talent around. As an employer, we strive to hire employees who are committed to both our company’s mission and our desire to build the best culture in the world. If you are driven, passionate about what you do, and excited about the SoFi mission, we would love to hear from you.
As a Principal Product Manager, you will own defining, executing, and delivering a technology roadmap that expands our product offerings and delivers new experiences to our customers. You will help drive technology innovation in the form of products, features, and platforms. You will help create and drive the long-term strategy, vision, and roadmap, with a high degree of ownership over critical features and the member experience.
This role is inherently cross-functional—you will work closely with engineering, design, operations, finance, and executive teams to set technology strategy, define and prioritize features. You’ll bridge technical and business worlds engaging with matrixed teams including engineering, design, operations, legal, risk, compliance and you must drive internal stakeholder and partner engagements necessary for the on-time launch of the product. As a Product Manager on Invest, your role will be to translate business goals, user feedback, market and competitive data, into a clear and concise iterative roadmap. You will focus on backend functionality as well as user-facing features that make a world class investment platform. Your focus will be delivering high-value features that are differentiated and sequenced, to empower our Members to invest in their financial futures.
What You'll Do:
- Be able to drive disruptive innovative solutions in a customer centric environment
- Build a vision, strategy and own a multi-year product roadmap
- Break vision into phases, prioritize and drive backlogs for launch with your dedicated engineering teams
- Own BI, instrumentation and data and analysis for your products to drive deep understanding, innovation and product plans.
- Be able to lead in a fast paced agile environment
- Work with internal project stakeholders from marketing, sales, operations, community and executive management to translate customer needs into a product.
- Be able to work closely with engineering to own and dive deep into backlogs , definition of done and technical details.
- Lead extensive framework of experimentation in order to drive customer impact.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with a technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience shipping commercially successful consumer products to global market segments
- Superior communication skills, written and verbal. Experience presenting to C-level leadership
- Experience in end to end ownership of a product and P&L
- Experience managing complex product development cycles and highly technical solutions
- Demonstrated experience shipping commercially successful consumer products
- Superior communication skills, written and verbal. Experience presenting and influencing C-level leadership
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on deadlines
- Ability to work with remote teams
Nice To Have:
- MBA with BS or higher in Computer Science
- 7+ years product management
- Passion for fin tech
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Proven success working with remote teams.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Why You'll Love Working Here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of medical, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- Generous vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
- Employer paid lunch program and subsidized gym membership.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.