Senior UX Researcher
SoFi is a values-driven company on a mission to help our members get their money right. We create modern financial products and services that help people borrow, save, spend, invest, and protect their money better, so that they can achieve financial independence and realize their ambitions—from owning a home to saving for retirement, paying off their student loans, and more.
Our team at SoFi is looking for a UX Researcher to join our UX and Strategy Research Team. You help shape UX Research at SoFi by partnering closely with designers, product managers and product marketers to conduct exploratory, formative and evaluative research studies that enable stakeholders to make more informed, confident decisions. In this role, you’ll be expected to plan, lead, and socialize high profile research projects. You can take the lead but are also collaborative. You are self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to work efficiently and effectively with cross-functional teams. You can perform and improvise under tight timelines and changing environments. You are an advocate for our customers and are excited to work with teams to connect them to our customer’s needs and take action on insights.
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. Next we expanded our products and services across loans, wealth management, and insurance. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans
- Act in a consultative and advisory role to various levels and functions within the design and product teams to identify research topics and plan research initiatives
- Manage projects end to end: develop guides and screeners, moderate, analyze, synthesize and deliver results
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative methods
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways; tailor research findings to suit the audience, varying levels of detail and complexity as appropriate/required
- Package insights into tools and assets for designers, product managers and product marketing managers to leverage (personas, design principles, scenarios, etc.)
- Support project team members in transforming research findings and insights into innovative solutions, in order to inform both user and business problems and deliver measurable outcomes
- Create artifacts, educational tools, experiences and processes that help build and evangelize UX Research within the larger organization
Qualifications and Experience
- 4+ years experience in applied product and/or design research
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Command of a broad set of qualitative and user-centered design methods
- Basic understanding of quantitative, behavioral analysis and statistical concepts
- Excellent communication skills, with strong ability to synthesize and communicate ideas visually, verbally, and in writing
- Experience creating research deliverables (frameworks, videos, toplines, etc.)
- Bonus: domain expertise in personal finances
- A degree in Design, HCI, Psychology, Cognitive Science, Anthropology, or a related field considered an advantage.
Why You'll Love Working Here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of medical, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- Generous vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
- Employer paid lunch program and subsidized gym membership.
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks & drinks).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.