Manager, Fraud Detection & Prevention
About the Role
We are seeking talented and self-motivated Fraud Detection and Prevention Manager to join our Financial Crimes team. Our candidate will be responsible for the daily management of a team of fraud detection/prevention associates as it relates to reviews account openings, fraud referrals, and the review of transactional activity; inbound/outbound calls to confirm activity; advising and assisting Management in making and implementing strategic decisions and objectives; and driving business objectives.
SoFi is a new kind of finance company taking a radical approach to lending, wealth management and insurance. From unprecedented products and tools to faster service and open conversations, we’re all about helping our members get ahead and find success. Whether they’re looking to buy a home, save money on student loans, ascend in their careers, or invest in the future, the SoFi community works to empower our members to accomplish the goals they set and achieve financial greatness as a result. Having raised nearly $2 billion in funding since 2011 and boasting over 400,000 members and 1,300 employees, SoFi’s future is bright.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manages daily operation and administration activities of the Fraud Detection/Prevention Department according to established procedures and timeframes.
- Collaborates with other departments, vendors, law enforcement, etc. to resolve issues and works to proactively minimize losses.
- Trains, coaches and monitors staff to ensure an excellent member experience.
- Establishes positive employer-employee relationships, and promotes a high level of employee morale, trust, and integrity
- Conducts thorough reviews and inquiries on identified and suspicious accounts within the specified systems as necessary
- Helps develop, maintain, and implement policies/procedures to detect and prevent fraudulent activity.
- Conduct team meetings to enhance teamwork ensuring good staff morale.
- Assists in the development of fraud detection tactical and strategic planning
- Communicates significant issues to Sr. Management; makes recommendations when weaknesses are identified
- Works fraud queues and takes escalated phone calls, as needed
- Respond promptly and exercise exceptional communication skills in an effort to optimize each contact with customers, partners and external vendors/banks
- Establish and ensure compliance with departmental standards and processes to increase production and accommodate work volumes toward enhanced customer satisfaction
- Fosters a culture of accountability, collaboration, speed, innovation, excellence and a fun work environment while continuously elevating the quality and caliber of our fiscal controls.
- Works effectively across the organization to maximize company resources.
- Handle any special projects as assigned by management.
- 3+ years of relevant fraud experience in the banking, financial services, or other related industry.
- Previous managerial experience
- Knowledge of check, ACH, wire, debit/credit card and other payment channels operating rules
- Thorough understanding of bank operations, industry trends & best practices, and federal and state banking
- Outstanding time management skills and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work with all levels within the organization in a collaborative manner.
- Must be able to establish peer relationships and communicate effectively with multiple company disciplines, cross-functional, and external teams.
- Excellent project management, organizational and negotiation skills are required.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to apply sound judgment, effectively solves problems, and determines fraudulent activity consistently.
- Understanding of electronic crimes as they relate to card fraud and theft of credentials.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Detail-oriented and process-oriented approach.
- Accepts responsibility, ownership, and accountability for work results.
- Finds a high-volume, dynamic, and team focused environment engaging.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Subsidized lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.