We are looking for a Brand Strategist to join our marketing team and help lead the development of brand strategies around key opportunities that will drive growth for our burgeoning product portfolio and brand. As a Brand Strategist, you will use data to develop informed messaging strategies and campaigns to increase the impact of marketing on specific business objectives. Your work will focus on both short-term wins and improving the long-term perceptions that drive customer behavior and support the overall SoFi brand. Using internal customer data, qualitative and quantitative research, segmentation, competitive analysis, creative testing, and assessment of previous marketing performance/investments, you will distill actionable insights to effectively differentiate and position SoFi and our products.
As a Brand Strategist, you will provide the learning and recommendations that inform foundational product messaging strategy, annual marketing plans and strategic creative briefs that identify target consumer segments, key insights, potential channels, etc. You will serve as a single source of truth on the brand team for customer behaviors, insights and trends and will act as a key liaison with Product Marketing, Creative, and Media to develop and substantiate value propositions in support of earned media and advertising. Engagements and outputs are diverse, so flexibility and broad marketing experience are ideal.
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. Next we expanded our products and services across loans, wealth management, and insurance. SoFi Money—a modern take on a checking or savings account--is our newest innovation and disruption to the financial services industry. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
- Develop compelling product narratives based on tangible data insights.
- Contribute to foundational brand and product strategy documents.
- Work with brand and product leaders to develop messaging hierarchies for key product launches and campaigns.
- Distill audience, cultural, and contextual analysis––including customer and category knowledge gaps.
- Develop and execute research plans for supplemental qualitative and quantitative research to develop new insights and implications/opportunities.
- Use performance data to drive strategy, execution, and optimization
- Work with Media teams to translate learnings into appropriate media investments and identify new opportunities.
- Author strategic input briefs with relevant customer insights to Media and Creative teams.
- Build and substantiate impactful marketing/advertising claims.
- Facilitate planning and ideation sessions
- Develop inspirational briefs that result in great creative
- Creative analytical marketer with penchant for telling stories supported by data
- Detail oriented creative problem solver with a passion for branding, marketing communications and advertising
- You roll up your sleeves and take action, thriving in fast paced environments managing across multiple shifting priorities
- You have a proven track record of leading through influence and delivering persuasive presentations to senior leadership
- You enjoy working on collaborative cross-functional teams
- You are comfortable in a performance based environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ years in consumer marketing, preferably with some online retail experience. Experience in creative strategy, branding and/or marcomm is preferred.
- Experience in strategy work across brand and performance marketing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to influence others
- Comfort presenting in front of senior leadership
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills – ability to use data to develop and measure marketing programs
- Experience in market research, industry analysis, data analytics, corporate strategy or related areas. Experience working with PR or social media is also a plus.
- Familiarity with consumer research methodologies
- Experience writing creative briefs
- Knowledge of financial services / personal finance a plus
- Amazing work environment: lunch and stocked kitchen
- Competitive compensation and bonus
- Stock options
- Generous paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401K and commuter benefits
- Educational Assistance
- Subsidized Gym Membership
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.