Senior Engineer, Quality Assurance
Who We Are
SoFi is a digital personal finance company whose mission is to help its members achieve financial independence to realize their ambitions, whether that be to buy a house one day, start a family on their own terms or be debt free. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member Get Their Money Right®. By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services by embracing technology to build innovative loan products, investment tools, and more. One of the fastest growing fintech companies, we’ve grown from 250 employees in 2015 to over 1,500 employees today, and are well on our way to reaching 1 million members. With offices across the US, we offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team and some of the best talent around. As an employer, we strive to hire employees who are committed to both our company’s mission and our desire to build the best culture in the world. If you are driven, passionate about what you do, and excited about the SoFi mission, we would love to hear from you.
This is a highly technical position for a Software Engineer in Test Automation with experience in functional, performance, reliability, automated and system integration testing across our fraud/risk platforms. Primary responsibilities will include helping to build out additional automation frameworks, fully automating test plans and test cases, and implementing continuous integration.
- Help design, implement and maintain automation testing frameworks and libraries
- Fully automate test plans and test cases
- Help design, implement and integrate automation strategies into our continuous release process
- Help triage failed automated test runs
- Work with Developers to understand requirements for new features requiring automating tests
What You'll Need:
- B.S. Degree or higher (CS, Information Technology or other technical area preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in depth black box and white box testing
- Experience writing test automation preferably using Java or an equivalent Object Oriented compiled language
- Previous programming experience with Java, Python, C# or other OO languages required and demonstrated experience writing production quality code
- Demonstrated ability to build test automation frameworks and automated test cases with tangible business results
- Strong SQL skills and demonstrated experience with Non-SQL databases
- Experience testing web APIs (such as REST)
- Previous automation experience with Web automation libraries (such as Webdriver)
- Demonstrated experience writing test plans and test cases and have a quality mindset
- Experience with agile development methodologies such as Kanban and Scrum
- Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix and Mac OS X
- Effective in Git-based distributed version control systems
- Experience with build tools (such as Maven, SBT or Gradle)
- Strong attention to detail
- Passionate about engineering and influencing product quality
- Self-motivated with strong decision-making skills
- Strong logical & problem solving skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
Nice To Have:
- Advanced knowledge of Java
- gRPC experience
- Previous experience with performance, load and reliability testing
- Experience with continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo or other similar tools)
- Experience with Docker
Why You'll Love Working Here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of medical, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- Generous vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
- Employer paid lunch program and subsidized gym membership.
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.