Senior/Staff Data Scientist, Analyst
Who We Are
SoFi is a digital personal finance company whose mission is to help its members achieve financial independence to realize their ambitions, whether that be to buy a house one day, start a family on their own terms or be debt free. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member Get Their Money Right®. By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services by embracing technology to build innovative loan products, investment tools, and more. One of the fastest growing fintech companies, we’ve grown from 250 employees in 2015 to over 1,500 employees today, and are well on our way to reaching 1 million members. With offices across the US, we offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team and some of the best talent around. As an employer, we strive to hire employees who are committed to both our company’s mission and our desire to build the best culture in the world. If you are driven, passionate about what you do, and excited about the SoFi mission, we would love to hear from you.
SoFi is looking for a Senior/Staff Data Scientist, Analyst to deliver data-driven insights to support our Invest team's decisions and strategies for Invest Team. In this role, you will be responsible for optimizing Invest product performance through experimentation design, business analytics, and predictive analytics. Success in this role hinges on your technical aptitude, quantitative abilities, and business acumen: you know how to plow through data with SQL/Python/R/Tableau, surface insights using math/statistics/ML techniques, and measure the business impact using efficiency/conversion/profit metrics.
What You'll Do:
- Work with business unit leaders and product teams to identify business opportunities, measure KPIs to craft compelling stories, make data-driven recommendations, and drive informed actions
- Own end-to-end product analytics workflow including formulating success metrics, socializing them across the organization, and creating dashboards/reports
- Design, analyze, and interpret the results of experiments that could optimize product performance
- Work cross-functional with engineering, product teams, and data architects to ensure data is being captured and reports are accurate
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience: business analytics, KPI dashboard development, business performance analysis
- 3+ year experience with investment platforms in FinTech or Banking environment
- Strong data visualization and presentation skills
- Proficient with SQL, R, Python, Tableau, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Intellectual curiosity and aptitude to pick up new technical skills
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- BS or ideally MS/MBA degree in Computer Science, Finance, Economics, Math, Physics, Engineering or other quantitative fields
Why You'll Love Working Here:
- Company-paid lunch program, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 90-100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFi for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.