Senior Engineer, Software
About the Role
SoFi is a mission driven company where we are laser focused on helping our members get their money right. We'redoing this by providing a set of game changing capabilities for our members across a broad set of financial products that our members use daily. We're seeking out Senior Software Engineers that are excited about this mission and are excited about using technology to help make our members financial lives better. The ideal candidate is a hands-on, articulate and focused engineer, who can help us to develop features and functionality; mentor others and extend our application architecture to meet the new requirements. We move quickly and use a core stack of Java / JQuery / Kafka / Postgres, but you don't necessarily need to be an expert in each of these. Rather, we're looking for engineers that are humble, hungry and smart and have a strong desire to make a difference in our members' lives.
At SoFi, you'll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members' financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. Next we expanded our products and services across loans, wealth management, and insurance. SoFi Money--a modern take on a checking or savings account--is our newest innovation and disruption to the financial services industry. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
Key responsibilities include
- Code and test system components/services, lead code and design reviews
- Deliver and operate highly available and scalable services in a production environment
- Mentor other engineers, support the technical culture, and help grow the team
- Definition of functional and technical feature epics and user stories, translation into detailed technical solutions
- Generate, enhance and promote ideas for useful new projects and technologies.
- Communicate with project leads, product managers and other software developers on multiple projects.
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent from a fully-accredited college or university preferred
- 5+ years with Java and/or Kotlin experience writing well-tested and maintainable code
- Solid understanding of relational databases (MySQL or Postgres) and RESTful services
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies as well as software testing: unit, integration, and end-to-end
- Ability to work in a fast paced and Agile development environment
- Work and play well with others; SoFi is a collaborative environment
- Experience with Spring Boot, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Redis, Kubernetes, Docker, cloud infrastructure, and continuous delivery
- Experience with JUnit, Mockito, Selenium
- Familiarity w/AWS and at-scale services
- Mobile development experience (iOS or Android)
- Working knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) principles.
- Familiarity with Extreme Programming (XP) project methods.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of medical, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- Generous vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
- Employer paid lunch program and subsidized gym membership.
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks & drinks)