Senior Engineer, Software
Who We Are
SoFi is a digital personal finance company whose mission is to help its members achieve financial independence to realize their ambitions, whether that be to buy a house one day, start a family on their own terms or be debt free. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member Get Their Money Right®. By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services by embracing technology to build innovative loan products, investment tools, and more. One of the fastest growing fintech companies, we’ve grown from 250 employees in 2015 to over 1,500 employees today, and are well on our way to reaching 1 million members. With offices across the US, we offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team and some of the best talent around. As an employer, we strive to hire employees who are committed to both our company’s mission and our desire to build the best culture in the world. If you are driven, passionate about what you do, and excited about the SoFi mission, we would love to hear from you.
SoFi is a mission driven company where we are laser focused on helping our members get their money right. We're doing this by providing a set of game changing capabilities for our members across a broad set of financial products that our members use daily. We're seeking out Senior Software Engineers that are excited about this mission and are excited about using technology to help make our members financial lives better. The ideal candidate is a hands-on, articulate and focused engineer, who can help us to develop features and functionality; mentor others and extend our application architecture to meet the new requirements. We move quickly and use a core stack of Java / JQuery / Kafka / Postgres, but you don't necessarily need to be an expert in each of these. Rather, we're looking for engineers that are humble, hungry and smart and have a strong desire to make a difference in our members' lives.
What You'll Do:
- Code and test system components/services, lead code and design reviews
- Deliver and operate highly available and scalable services in a production environment
- Mentor other engineers, support the technical culture, and help grow the team
- Definition of functional and technical feature epics and user stories, translation into detailed technical solutions
- Generate, enhance and promote ideas for useful new projects and technologies.
- Communicate with project leads, product managers and other software developers on multiple projects.
What You'll Need:
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent from a fully-accredited college or university preferred
- 5+ years with Java and/or Kotlin experience writing well-tested and maintainable code
- Solid understanding of relational databases (MySQL or Postgres) and RESTful services
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies as well as software testing: unit, integration, and end-to-end
- Ability to work in a fast paced and Agile development environment
- Work and play well with others; SoFi is a collaborative environment
Nice To Have:
- Experience with Spring Boot, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Redis, Kubernetes, Docker, cloud infrastructure, and continuous delivery
- Experience with JUnit, Mockito, Selenium
- Familiarity w/AWS and at-scale services
- Mobile development experience (iOS or Android)
- Working knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) principles.
- Familiarity with Extreme Programming (XP) project methods.
Why You'll Love Working Here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of medical, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- Generous vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
- Employer paid lunch program and subsidized gym membership.
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks & drinks)
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.