Principal Product Owner, Student Loans
SoFi is looking for a Principal Product Owner for our Student Loan Benefit platform targeted at the enterprise (B2B) channel. As the student loan crisis continues to grow in the United States, SoFi is looking to help corporations provide student loan benefits to their employees. We are looking for a hands-on, technology proficient, team player who can lead, define, and deliver innovative solutions into the enterprise channel.
This role is a unique opportunity to work expanding our flagship student loan product offering. In this role, you will be the product owner responsible for prioritizing, defining and building features that enables SoFi to build a market leading differentiated student loan benefit platform. You will need to work with an enterprise sales team and multiple partners in putting together a solution. As a senior product leader in our organization, you will be expected to set ambitious goals, be gritty, and accountable to results.
About the Role
This role is inherently cross-functional—you will work closely with engineering, design, data science, business development, operations, finance, and executive teams to set strategy, define and prioritize features. You will need to provide leadership to matrixed teams by driving internal stakeholders, partners and enterprise customers to ensure the success of the product.
At SoFi, we innovate on behalf of our members focused reinventing banking services in a way that makes them simple , fast and intuitive. Our goal is to be at the center of our members’ financial lives. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. We expanded into other types of loans, and then into insurance and wealth management with similarly inventive products and soon to be launched SoFi money a modern take on a checking or savings account. As the company has grown, we’ve been able to help more people with these tools. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent.
- Be able to devise and drive disruptive innovative solutions in an enterprise (B2B) market while maintaining great customer experience
- Build a vision, strategy and own a multi-year product roadmap
- Break vision into phases, prioritize and drive backlogs for launch with your dedicated engineering teams
- Own BI, instrumentation and data and analysis for your products to drive deep understanding, innovation and product plans
- Be able to influence and lead teams in a fast paced agile environment
- Work with internal project stakeholders from marketing, sales, operations, community and executive management to translate customer needs into a product
- Be able to work closely with engineering to own and dive deep into backlogs , definition of done and technical details
- Lead extensive framework of experimentation in order to drive customer and business impact
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with a technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- Prior experience creating, growing enterprise products from inception to scale within 2-3 years
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
- Prior experience with experimentation (A/B testing, multivariate testing, etc.) and good understanding of statistics
- Demonstrated success defining and launching successful enterprise facing products
- Superior communication skills, written and verbal. Experience presenting to C-level leadership
- Proven ability to understand the business and engineering requirements and get into the technical details
- Ability to assume a strong sense of responsibility and ownership in an atmosphere of ambiguity
- Excellent project management skills - delivery oriented
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on deadlines
- Proven track record of successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience in financial services and/or lending is a plus, but more important is your ability to learn fast, ask questions and solve problems
- Ability to work with remote teams
- MBA with BS or higher in Computer Science
- 10+ years product management
- Passion for fin tech
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of medical, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- Generous vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
- Employer paid lunch program and subsidized gym membership.
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks & drinks)