Senior Engineer, Software
The ideal candidate is a hands-on, articulate and focused engineer, who can help us to develop features and functionality; mentor others and extend our application architecture to meet the new requirements. We move quickly and use a core stack of Java / JQuery / Kafka / Postgres, but you don’t necessarily need to be an expert in each of these. Rather, we’re looking for engineers that are humble, hungry and smart and have a strong desire to make a difference in our members' lives.
SoFi is a mission driven company where we are laser focused on helping our members get their money right. We’re doing this by providing a set of game changing capabilities for our members across a broad set of financial products that our members use daily. We’re seeking out Senior Software Engineers that are excited about this mission and are excited about using technology to help make our members financial lives better. By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services. Ranked as one of the fastest growing fin tech companies, we strive to hire world class talent to our team and offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with a strong leadership team.
SoFi is a new kind of finance company taking a radical approach to lending, wealth management and insurance. From unprecedented products and tools to faster service and open conversations, we’re all about helping our members get ahead and find success. Whether they’re looking to buy a home, save money on student loans, ascend in their careers, or invest in the future, the SoFi community works to empower our members to accomplish the goals they set and achieve financial greatness as a result. Having raised over $2 billion in funding since 2011 and boasting over 500,000members and 1,400 employees, SoFi’s future is bright.
Key responsibilities include
- Code and test system components/services, lead code and design reviews
- Deliver and operate highly available and scalable services in a production environment
- Mentor other engineers, support the technical culture, and help grow the team
- Definition of functional and technical feature epics and user stories, translation into detailed technical solutions
- Generate, enhance and promote ideas for useful new projects and technologies.
- Communicate with project leads, product managers and other software developers on multiple projects.
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent from a fully-accredited college or university preferred
- 5+ years with Java and/or Kotlin experience writing well-tested and maintainable code
- Solid understanding of relational databases (MySQL or Postgres) and RESTful services
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies as well as software testing: unit, integration, and end-to-end
- Ability to work in a fast paced and Agile development environment
- Work and play well with others; SoFi is a collaborative environment
- Experience with Spring Boot, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Redis, Kubernetes, Docker, cloud infrastructure, and continuous delivery
- Experience with JUnit, Mockito, Selenium
- Familiarity w/AWS and at-scale services
- Mobile development experience (iOS or Android)
- Working knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) principles
- Familiarity with Extreme Programming (XP) project methods
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position. The standard schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m., with some flexibility available. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Lunch stipend, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits
- 90-100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SoFi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
SoFi expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of SoFi’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.