Senior Director, Risk Management – Unsecured Lending
About the Role
SoFi's Risk Management team has responsibility for ensuring growth in lending and other member related activities are consistent with the company's risk appetite. The team holistically manages enterprise, credit, deposit products, fraud prevention, portfolio management, infrastructure, and business operating risks. In addition, Risk Management directly manages enterprise partners, ensures strong compliance with regulations, acts as a multi-layered second line of defense in oversight of business operations, and works to ensure risk policies enable a member-first experience.
Senior Director, Risk Management - Unsecured Lending will have responsibility for partnering with the Business Unit, Capital Markets, Finance, Operations, Legal and Compliance teams to implement value added risk strategies across our Unsecured Lending portfolios - including personal loans, micro-loans, and installment finance products.
This role is responsible for the design and implementation of Corporate Risk Management's (CRM) monitoring of and reporting on performance of the consumer unsecured loan portfolio. In addition, the role will develop and execute a risk-based annual testing plan; including, documenting and communication results, and escalating issues as necessary. Position will be the primary contact point for review and challenge of Business Unit (BU) credit related activities.
By joining SoFi, you'll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services for the better. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of an industry leading leadership team.
- Innovate... we need you to bring your brightest ideas to building unsecured origination strategies from the ground up. This means architecting pre-screen, post-screen, exposure, and pricing constructs - including building offer optimization.
- Data Driven... architect the future of lending with an optimal real-time data ecosystem - including multi-product internal, transactional, bureau, third-party, and alternative data
- Challenge Status Quo... build-out a comprehensive credit risk experimentation plan for the unsecured portfolio across all product dimensions, channels, and credit segments
- Build the Future... oversee the development of new scorecards and/or develop the management structure to track and assess scorecard performance.
- Optimize... Make adjustments as needed to optimize profitability. Work with Capital Markets and Pricing to ensure pricing strategies are optimized.
- Control the Risk... Develop and execute a risk-based annual Risk Control Assessment (RCA) testing plan evaluating policy, process, and infrastructure controls; including, documenting and communication results, and escalating issues as necessary
- Drive Performance Outcomes... Manage the credit performance/outcomes associated with each vintage of business ensuring appropriate instrumentation, performance metric monitoring, and ownership of corrective action plans with portfolio management / collections strategy
- Risk Controllership... Review and challenge material estimates and/or the processes that provide estimates used in managing the products, including loss forecast, ACL/Allowance for Credit Loss, stress tests, and loss assumptions
- Be a Risk SME... Serve as a subject matter expert for the Unsecured Lending business. Drive advanced monitoring framework to segment/refine underwriting and program requirements to ensure risk adjusted returns and KRI/Key Risk Indicator performance outcomes through credit lifecycle.
- Build the Bench... Be the inspiration for our rapidly growing team, recruiting the best, brightest, and passionately quantitative. Share your broad experience across the organization and build the leaders of tomorrow.
- 10-15 years of relevant risk management, risk analytics, consumer lending, and/or underwriting strategy work experience.
- Preferred: Advanced degree in an analytical discipline
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.