Senior Product Designer, SoFi Invest
SoFi is a values-driven company on a mission to help our members get their money right. We create modern financial products and services that help people borrow, save, spend, invest, and protect their money better, so that they can achieve financial independence and realize their ambitions—from owning a home to saving for retirement, paying off their student loans, and more.
Our Invest product and design team is designing for the future of personal investing. Our mission is to help our members find their path to financial independence by providing them with the tools, resources, and guidance they need to get there. We're building machine learning (ML) driven experiences that empower people to be and proactive about getting their money right. Whether someone wants to keep tabs on their spending, track their goals for the future, pay off their debts, or get personalized recommendations to improve their finances, we see a future where people learn how to be financially fit . We have an exciting roadmap for 2019 and beyond and are seeking product designers who are passionate about creating better financial solutions for people. This is a great opportunity for a product designer who wants to help shape the evolution of these capabilities for years to come.
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. Next we expanded our products and services across loans, wealth management, and insurance. SoFi Money—a modern take on a checking or savings account--is our newest innovation and disruption to the financial services industry. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
The Invest team is building an Investment platform that helps you feel good about investing in your financial future, and confidently grow and manage your money. We’ll start by giving you the tools and information you need to understand investing, and the technology and selection to make it as easy as possible to start. The more you’ll use our platform, the smarter it becomes in helping you achieve your financial goals - and get your money right.
- Strategize with product managers from the conception of product through finalization, including working closely with engineering team to implement visual polished design
- Push and develop one’s own creativity, challenge previously-established thinking patterns, and discover new ways of problem solving all while being a clear and effective communicator
- Key participant in user experience research and usability studies with members and potential members
- Be a leading architect on how members will invest in brokerage, crypto, and robo accounts
- Collaborate with other designers across SoFi products
Qualification and Experience
- You Have 5+ yrs experience successfully shipping products and features from start to finish
- Knows best practices in UI / UX and information architecture across iOS, Android and responsive web
- Experience with current design tools (Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Invision).
- Time management, planning, and collaboration skills
- Understanding of how to use data analytics, user testing, and research to inform and validate design decisions and focus on constant improvement
- Able to effectively communicate design solutions to engineering, product, marketing, business, and executive leadership
- Experience working in an Agile development environment using tools like Jira and Confluence
- A portfolio URL or PDF to submit with application with examples of mobile and responsive web product design
- Experience working on consumer engagement, growth, and social experiences
- Experience working with remote teams and stakeholders
- Company paid lunch program, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans