Banking Operations Coordinator
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. Next we expanded our products and services across loans, wealth management, and insurance. SoFi Money—a modern take on a checking or savings account--is our newest innovation and disruption to the financial services industry. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
The Banking Operations Coordinator is responsible to support the daily banking activities at SoFi by performing routine/standard transactions according to established procedures and prescribed processes. Daily responsibilities will cover one or more operations functional areas such as: analyses, report generation, transaction processing, data entry, monitoring automated file processing, assisting with daily settlements and G/L reconciliation, consistently meet processing deadlines, and resolve operational issues to ensure stellar customer service to SoFi’s member base.
As part of a dynamic team, banking operations representatives provide quality service and effective and efficient operational support for the assigned area's internal and external business partners as well as providing advice and assisting with training for less experienced team members. Individuals at this level are expected to use some independence of thought but to refer more complex problems to the Banking Operations Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor incoming ACH files and confirm posting
- Create outgoing ACH files; returns and origination
- Perform a variety of operational functions including: ACH exception processing, Reg E disputes, ATM/POS transaction processing, item processing adjustments, and wire transfer processing
- Work with processing partners; conveying information to sponsor bank and card processing partner to ensure a productive relationship
- Working knowledge of products and services such as Online Banking, Mobile Deposit Capture, Bill Payment
- Complete research requests for internal staff and customers while meeting service and communication standards
- Assist front-office staff with questions so they can, in turn, assist our members
- Assist with settlements, as needed
- Assist in strategic planning and implementation of processes to meet business goals
- Review and process transactions pertaining to banking operations services
- Maintain internal operational and financial controls to ensure that they meet banking standards
- Proactively identify ongoing issues within operations and attempt to resolve them on an immediate basis so that they do not affect member-organization relationship
- Other duties as assigned
Qualified candidates are those who love variety in a fast- paced environment and work with an exceptional attention to detail and a high level of accuracy while meeting deadlines. Being tech savvy and possessing strong analytic and problem-solving skills are beneficial; knowledge of banking regulations is desired. Successful candidates are flexible, dependable team players and self-disciplined in time management.
The hours of the position will be 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. These hours may change as volumes increase to meet daily deadlines.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- High school diploma – required, Associates Degree – preferred
- Minimum of 3+ years of relevant banking operations experience
- Deep understanding of how the financial world works
- Ability to analyze data with a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong written and communication skills
- General accounting knowledge
- Series 99 license preferred, but not required. (May need to obtain in the future.)
- Present Banking Operations in a professional manner at all times.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of medical, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- Generous vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
- Employer paid lunch program and subsidized gym membership.
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks & drinks)