HR Business Partner
SoFi is looking for an HRBP in our Claymont Delaware location. This is a hands-on, solution-oriented role in a high-volume environment that requires the ability to span from the very tactical to the very strategic and all points in between. It requires a good technical knowledge of all aspects of HR, agility, good judgement, and the ability to influence managers and employees to do the right thing. It requires strong communication skills and the ability to independently see what needs to be done and do it, pushing back when managers and employees are going astray, and guiding/influencing the right outcomes.
SoFi is a new kind of finance company based around speed, transparency, and alignment with our members’ interests. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge this new generation has through a new approach to lending. We expanded into other types of loans, and then into insurance and wealth management with similarly inventive products. As the company has grown, we’ve been able to help more people with these tools.
SoFi has achieved significant growth, with big plans ahead. In just the last year, we've more than doubled our member base, doubled loan volume, and grown our team dramatically. We're preparing to go global, and we're well capitalized to power all this growth, having raised $1.9 billion in equity backing. But we'll only be able to continue this growth with great talent, and that includes you.
Functional HR Competencies Required:
- Works closely with management and employees to build strong working relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary action).
- Identifies issues early (culture, employee, performance, etc…) and proactively engages with employees and managers to address. Anticipates what’s next and gets in front of it. Exercises good judgement when addressing issues and determining appropriate course of action and influences managers and employees to “do the right thing.”
- Manages and resolves employee relations issues through effective and objective investigations.
- Knowledge of federal/state employment law, employee relations, organizational development, training, benefits and compensation, and payroll.
- Assures managers and employees have a basic understanding of company policies and practices. Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Responsible for accurate and timely processing of employee status changes and other necessary documents and actions as part of employee lifecycle.
- Reviews and coordinates job accommodation processes and ensures alignment/compliance with ADA, state, and local laws.
- Helps influence and lead the site.
- BA/BS degree in HR Management, Business, related field or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum of 4-6 years of HR Generalist/HRBP experience with a strong emphasis in employee relations.
- Workday experience preferred
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.