Manager, Business Operations
SoFi is looking for data-driven, strategic thinkers to join our Business Operations team. The business operations team is a nimble and highly impactful team that helps operationalize processes, set the business strategy and provide critical guidance, insights and strategic frameworks to the senior leaders responsible for our various functions and business units.
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. Next we expanded our products and services across loans, wealth management, and insurance. SoFi Money—a modern take on a checking or savings account--is our newest innovation and disruption to the financial services industry. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
The Manager, Business Operations candidate will have the leadership, maturity and experience in delivering pragmatic operational solutions in a high growth dynamic environment. They will have the ability to optimize internal processes and work in a cross-functional environment and have a good understanding of financial services and consumer business commercial matters. This role acts as a conduit between the Head of Pricing and the teams responsible for executing on various pricing initiatives. The candidate will bring world-class capability, design and execution and act as a strong partner for the Head of Pricing to drive successful execution and collaboration between capital markets, marketing, operations, risk, product, engineering, data and legal to drive seamless execution.
- Lead cross-functional pricing initiatives and operationalize existing processes
- Create a robust and auditable infrastructure supporting the pricing function. Ensure that our tools and processes can track, measure and manage all pricing changes and initiatives
- Perform ad-hoc activities as requested by the Head of Pricing and Head of Business Operations
- 5+ years of work experience in a top-tier consulting firm, business operations, investment bank/PE/VC, or product management role
- Dedicated leadership and project execution. Capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, bringing together resources, and delivering results in challenging situations. You are able to get stuff done in a fast and thoughtful way
- Familiarity with financial services, consumer business, tech in private and/or public companies
- Hands on operational capabilities with advanced proficiency in Google suite, MS Office apps, etc.
- A clear communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience communicating insights through data with senior-level executives
- Excellent time and project management skills with the ability to build strong cross-functional relationships and work collaboratively
- Inquisitive nature, attention to detail, diligence and a good attitude
- Methodical, self-starter, hands-on
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Inspiring company mission
- Amazing work environment in San Francisco, CA
- Competitive compensation, including stock options
- Generous paid time off
- Free lunch and healthy snacks
- Subsidized gym membership
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFi for employees and dependents
- 401K and commuter benefits
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 / year
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans