Director, Risk Management – Deposit Products (Transactional)
About the Role
SoFi's Risk Management team has responsibility for ensuring growth in lending, deposit products, and other member related activities are consistent with the company's risk appetite. The team holistically manages enterprise, credit, deposit products, fraud prevention, portfolio management, infrastructure, and business operating risks. In addition, Risk Management directly manages enterprise partners, ensures strong compliance with regulations, acts as a multi-layered second line of defense in oversight of business operations, and works to ensure risk policies enable a member-first experience.
Director, Risk Management - Deposit Products (Transactional) will have responsibility for partnering with the SoFi Money and Invest Business Units, Capital Markets, Finance, Operations, Legal and Compliance teams to implement value added risk strategies across Deposit Products. This is an incredible opportunity to lead Transactional Risk for the SoFi Money product which is experiencing tremendous growth! This role reports to the Senior Director, Risk Management - Deposit Products.
This role will be responsible for leading all aspects of our Risk Management capability for transactional strategy (post-opening) of Deposit Product accounts, including overseeing account management, funds availability, counterparty risk, transaction risk management, and risk-based account functionality enablement. This includes strategic direction for identification of data sources/uses used in deposit portfolio monitoring, post-onboarding ideation with distribution partners, and strong collaboration with Fraud Prevention - Risk Management and BSA/AML/KYC Teams. Building an advanced experimental design framework that allows continuous testing of various portfolio management strategies, data sources, or overdraft mitigation strategies is critical to the success of the product.
By joining SoFi, you'll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services for the better. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of an industry leading leadership team.
- Innovate... we need you to bring your brightest ideas to building deposit products transaction strategies from the ground up. This means architecting multi-layered transaction level risk assessments. This includes oversight of all transactional channels including Debit Card, Contactless, Mobile Wallet, Mobile Check Deposit, Peer-to-Peer, ACH, Wire, Checks, Intra-Institution Transfer, Inter-Institution.
- Data Driven... architect the future of deposit products within a member-centric, multi-product, real-time data ecosystem - including internal, transactional, bureau, third-party, and alternative data to optimally classify transactional risk. Ensure a complete data eco-system exists with Engineering, Product, and Operational teams.
- Challenge Status Quo... build-out a comprehensive risk experimentation plan for the deposit products portfolio across transactional dimensions, channels, and partner segments.
- Build the Future... work with Risk Analytics CoE to oversee the development of new advanced data science tools used to assess and dimension transactional risk real-time including member, counterparty, transaction instrument, net risk position, know positive-pay experience, transaction risk monitoring.
- Control the Risk... Execute a risk-based annual Risk Control Assessment (RCA) testing plan evaluating policy, process, and infrastructure controls for Deposit Products (Transactional); including, documenting and communication results, and escalating issues as necessary
- Drive Performance Outcomes... Manage the deposit performance/outcomes associated KRI/Key Risk Indicators. Build appropriate instrumentation, performance metric monitoring, and ownership of corrective action plans.
- Risk Controllership... Review and challenge material estimates and/or the processes that provide estimates used in overdraft/deposit loss forecasting.
- Be a Risk SME... Serve as a subject matter expert for the Deposit Products (Transactional) business and our partner community. Work with Global Operations to support transparency to members when transactions are impacted by risk intervention.
- Compliance Culture is Job #1... You should be an expert on various regulations that impact Deposit Accounts - including Expedited Funds Availability Act/Reg CC, Truth in Savings Act (TISA), Regulation DD, Electronic Fund Transfer Act (EFTA), Regulation D, Regulation E, 12 C.F.R. Part 205, et al. Experience with CMA/Cash Management Accounts maintained in a Registered Broker Dealer.
- Build the Bench... Be the inspiration for our rapidly growing team, recruiting the best, brightest, and passionately quantitative. Share your broad experience across the organization and build the leaders of tomorrow.
- 7-12 years of relevant risk management, risk analytics, consumer deposit products, and/or transactional risk products strategy work experience.
- Preferred: Advanced degree in an analytical discipline
- Strongly Preferred: Substantial work experience in a Top 10 regulated bank managing consumer deposit risk management
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.