Senior Director, Product, Money
We’re seeking a Senior Director of Product to help lead our core platform and operation teams for the Money Product that helps people with their daily saving and spending needs. SoFi is in the business of rethinking existing financial products and finding new ways to help our members get their money right. SoFi Money is a new take on an online only bank account that brings together traditional checking and savings account into a single hybrid account with no fees and high interest. People struggle with managing their day to day spending and savings and our goal is to make that easier and more convenient than ever before. The core platform team is responsible for the core banking infrastructure, the back-office automation and our partner facing platform and APIs.
SoFi is a values-driven company on a mission to help our members get their money right. We create modern financial products and services that help people borrow, save, spend, invest, and protect their money better, so that they can achieve financial independence and realize their ambitions—from owning a home to saving for retirement, paying off their student loans, and more
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. Next we expanded our products and services across loans, wealth management, and insurance.
- Be able to drive disruptive innovative solutions in a customer centric environment
- Build a vision, strategy and own a multi-year product roadmap, and work with a dedicated engineering team to drive the product forward
- Own BI, instrumentation and data and analysis for your products to drive deep understanding, innovation and product plans.
- Be able to lead in a fast paced agile environment
- Work with internal project stakeholders from marketing, sales, operations, community and executive management to translate customer needs into a product.
- Be able to work closely with engineering to own and dive deep into backlogs , definition of done and technical details.
- Lead extensive framework of experimentation in order to drive customer impact.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with a technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience shipping commercially successful consumer products to global market segments
- Superior communication skills, written and verbal. Experience presenting to C-level leadership
- Experience in end to end ownership of a product and P&L
- Experience managing complex product development cycles and highly technical solutions
- Demonstrated experience shipping commercially successful consumer products
- Superior communication skills, written and verbal. Experience presenting and influencing C-level leadership
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on deadlines
- Ability to work with and manage remote teams
- MBA with BS or higher in Computer Science
- 8+ years product management
- Passion for personal finance
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Proven success working with remote teams.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Inspiring company mission
- Company paid lunch program, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 90-100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFi for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.