Senior Engineer, Software
About the Role
SoFi is a mission driven company where we are laser focused on helping our members get their money right. We're
doing this by providing a set of game changing capabilities for our members across a broad set of financial products that
our members use daily. We're seeking out Senior Software Engineers that are excited about this mission and are excited
about using technology to help make our members financial lives better.
The ideal candidate is a hands-on, articulate and focused engineer, who can help us to develop features and
functionality; mentor others and extend our application architecture to meet the new requirements. We move quickly and
use a core stack of Java / Kotlin / REACT / Kafka / Postgres, but you don't necessarily need to be an expert in each of
these. Rather, we're looking for engineers that are humble, hungry and smart and have a strong desire to make a
difference in our members' lives.
By joining SoFi, you'll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services. Ranked as one
of the fastest growing fin tech companies, we strive to hire world class talent to our team and offer the excitement of a
rapidly growing startup with a strong leadership team.
SoFi is a new kind of finance company taking a radical approach to lending, wealth management and insurance. From
unprecedented products and tools to faster service and open conversations, we're all about helping our members get
ahead and find success. Whether they're looking to buy a home, save money on student loans, ascend in their careers,
or invest in the future, the SoFi community works to empower our members to accomplish the goals they set and
achieve financial greatness as a result. Having raised nearly $2 billion in funding since 2011 and boasting over 500,000
members and 1,400 employees, SoFi's future is bright.
Key responsibilities include
- Definition of functional and technical feature epics and user stories, translation into detailed technical solutions
- Code and test system components/services, lead code and design reviews
- Deliver and operate highly available and scalable services in a production environment
- Mentor other engineers, support the technical culture, and help grow the team
- Generate, enhance and promote ideas for useful new projects and technologies.
- Communicate with project leads, product managers and other software developers on multiple projects.
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent from a fully-accredited college or university preferred
- 5+ years with Java (or another Object Oriented Programming language) experience
- Web development experience
- Solid understanding of relational databases (MySQL or Postgres)
- Ability to work in a fast paced and Agile development environment
- Work and play well with others; SoFi is a collaborative environment
- SpringBoot, Kafka
- Familiarity w/AWS and at-scale services
- Working knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) principles.
- Familiarity with Extreme Programming (XP) project methods
- Lunch stipend, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.