Engineer, Software (Money)
About the Role
We are seeking an Engineer to join our team. On our team, you will be in the middle of it all - implementing functionality, architecting our system, squashing bugs, maintaining the health of our code, and continually growing as an engineer. The ideal candidate is both forward-thinking and hands-on, has a strong sense of ownership and drive for delivery, and is a good mentor and co-worker. At SoFi, we pride ourselves on the collaboration between Product, Design and Engineering and so you will be involved in the entire product lifecycle, from ideation through building, deploying and continual improvement and evolution.
At SoFi, you'll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members' financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. Next we expanded our products and services across loans, wealth management, and insurance. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
- Deliver highly available and scalable services in a production environment
- Participate in code and design reviews
- Help translate product requirements into user stories and technical solutions
- Help to ensure our system is highly available and responsive for our members.
- Generate ideas for new initiatives and technologies
- Bachelor's Degree, ideally in a technical field, but we understand great engineers come from all sorts of different backgrounds and also consider relevant work experience
- 2+ years programming experience, ideally on a modern stack
- Our core stack is Kotlin / Spring / PostgreSQL / React, and we run on Kubernetes in a service oriented architecture with over 100 services in production.
- You should have some familiarity with Java, Kotlin or Scala programming o You should have an understanding of relational databases and ORMs
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves, collaborate with others and get stuff done
- Strong sense of responsibility; driving a project from inception to completion
- Affinity for solving problems and shipping impactful features, not polishing perfect code or architecture
- Interest in working in a collaborative coding environment, refining designs with teammates, working through code reviews and managing pull requests
- Interest in personal finance
- Experience in payment systems and card environment systems o Experience with docker, and comfortable with a command line
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits; 100% of premiums paid by SoFi for employees and their dependents
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Lunch stipend, a fully stocked kitchen, and gym membership
- And of course, competitive salary packages and bonuses