SoFi is looking for data-driven, strategic thinker to join our Risk team. The Risk team is a highly impactful team that builds risk strategies, helps set the business direction and provide critical guidance, insights and strategic frameworks to the senior leaders responsible for our various functions and business units.
The Manager will directly assist the Director of Risk Management in supporting SoFi’s fraud-related initiatives for our Checking Account product (SoFi Money) by monitoring the performance of our existing portfolio, designing and implementing risk strategies, identifying growth opportunities, and tracking general market trends. Candidate will have the maturity and experience in delivering pragmatic Risk solutions in a high growth dynamic environment. They will lead Fraud Risk Management initiatives including but not limited to, analytics, strategy development, stakeholder approval and implementation. The role will allow (and require) wide latitude to engage on product development and other strategic projects, providing the Manager/Senior Manager with a broad reach across the company.
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. Next we expanded our products and services across loans, wealth management, and insurance. SoFi Money—a modern take on a checking account--is our newest innovation and disruption to the financial services industry. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
· Work closely with the Director of Risk Management to drive key initiatives and strategy
· Collaborate cross-functionally with Business Unit, Marketing, Product, Finance and Engineering teams to drive continuous improvements
· Analyze portfolio performance to identify risk factors
· Derive and implement data-driven strategies for managing risk
· Develop analytical tools ranging from customer segmentation to scorecard development
· Develop forecasting methods and monitor the performance of different acquisition vintages/portfolio
· Optimize Risk/Reward tradeoffs for SoFi and its members
· Analyze opportunity and risk of new product offerings
· Perform other related duties as required and assigned
· MS in a quantitative field (e.g., Applied Math, Econ, Statistics or related field preferred)
· Four to seven years of relevant risk management experience in credit/fraud domains with a Financial institution
· Strong data analysis experience within the financial services industry
· Excellent SQL skills: extensive experience querying large, complex data sets
· High proficiency with Excel including pivoting capabilities and analysis modules – VBA macros and ODBC sourcing a plus
· Experience with R, SAS. Experience with Python a plus
· Working knowledge of statistics, modeling, regression techniques and statistical tools like Knowledge Seeker
· Proven track record delivering timely and accurate information in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, mathematical skills and sound judgment
· Strong business acumen and ability to interface with executive management