Senior Credit Analyst
About the Role
The Senior Credit Analyst will directly assist the Senior Director of Risk Management and Chief Risk Officer in supporting SoFi’s credit-related initiatives by monitoring the performance of our existing portfolio, identifying growth opportunities, and tracking general market trends. Additionally, the role will also allow (and require) wide latitude to engage on credit product development and other strategic projects, providing the Senior Credit Analyst with a broad reach across the company.
Led by the Chief Risk Officer, SoFi’s Risk Management group is responsible for ensuring that the organization’s growth in lending and other Member activities aligns with the company’s risk appetite. The group directly manages the credit risk strategies and policies for all products, administers a strong Third-Party Risk management program in tandem with business line partners, promotes strong compliance with regulations, creates processes for excellent operational controls, and helps SoFi deliver on a great customer experience.
SoFi is a new kind of finance company taking a radical approach to lending, wealth management and insurance. From unprecedented products and tools to faster service and open conversations, we’re all about helping our members get ahead and find success. Whether they’re looking to buy a home, save money on student loans, ascend in their careers, or invest in the future, the SoFi community works to empower our members to accomplish the goals they set and achieve financial greatness as a result.
- Analyze early-stage portfolio performance to identify risk factors
- Analyze performance and derive data-driven strategies for risk and/or marketing treatment strategies
- Develop analytical tools ranging from customer segmentation to scorecard development
- Develop forecasting methods and monitor the performance of different acquisition vintages as well as the roll rate of different past-due/default buckets to define portfolio performance trends
- Optimize targeting, offers and performance across multiple origination channels
- Analyze opportunity and risk of new product offerings
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- MS in a quantitative field (e.g., Applied Math, Econ, Statistics or related field preferred)
- Five to seven years of experience in financial modeling/use of statistical/machine learning models
- Strong data analysis experience within the financial services industry
- Excellent SQL skills: extensive experience querying large, complex data sets
- High proficiency with Excel including pivoting capabilities and analysis modules – VBA macros and ODBC sourcing a plus
- Working knowledge of basic statistics; experience with R, Python or similar a plus
- Proven track record delivering timely and accurate information in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, mathematical skills and sound judgment
- Strong business acumen and ability to interface with executive management
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.