Senior Project Manager
SoFi is hiring an experienced Senior Project Manager to join our Project Management Office primarily supporting the Collections and Loan Servicing functions within Operations. The successful candidate will work directly with Operations, Product, Engineering, Compliance and business owners to ensure deliverables fall within established timelines and scope. They will manage and direct the implementation of small to large projects that require the definition, development, delivery and deployment of solutions that meet stakeholder needs and are compatible with business drivers.
At SoFi, you'll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members' financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. Next we expanded our products and services across loans, wealth management, and insurance. SoFi Money--a modern take on a checking or savings account--is our newest innovation and disruption to the financial services industry. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Strong ability to dissect business functions and identify opportunities to create value.
- Work in conjunction with Analytics and the business to drive insights and measure impact of proposed projects and enhancements and measure achieved results post implementation.
- Manage/engage with multiple operational advancement projects concurrently.
- Strong focus on delivering a world class experience for our Members.
- Effectively engage with remote teams.
- Ability to work with internal Customers to clearly define and document end to end requirements.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Have strong core Project Management skills and be the engine to drive stakeholders forward in a cohesive and collaborative manner while ensuring proper communication and accountability.
- Provide single point of contact for our business partners on assigned projects. Establish and conduct meetings to communicate expectations, project roles, status updates, track open issues and work with all groups and clients to resolve issues as required.
- Identify risks and develop risk mitigation plans.
- Scope project and develop implementation project plan, measurable project goals, objectives, tasks, timelines and monitors progress toward achievement.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path items and follow appropriate methodologies.
- Participate in establishing policies and procedures that are consistent with overall company policies and operating objectives.
- Maintain excellent communication with all levels of management, be responsive to customers, and provide appropriate training and cross training to other team members.
- Drive enhancements or development of new processes, efficiency tools and technology deployments in support of Operations
- Experience with outbound predictive dialer and manual dialing strategies and technology
- Strong knowledge of integrated digital and physical customer contact strategies
- Familiarity with rules and regulations regarding loss mitigation and debt collections practices
- Ability to work with numerous stakeholders to successfully define and implement new loss mitigation and loan workout programs
- Working knowledge of collections propensity to pay models and their integration into overall collections strategies
- Understanding of electronic payment acceptance technologies and rules/regulations
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, technology or a related field
- 10-15 years of hands-on project management or equivalent professional experience
- Collections experience is a must, predictive dialer and contact strategy experience is highly desired
- Banking and Financial Services experience highly desired (Collections, Recovery, Loan Servicing, Payments, Underwriting, Mortgage, Credit Card, Deposit Account/Cash Management)
- Business Analysis and requirements elicitation experience is preferred
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 90-100% of medical, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- Generous vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
- Employer paid lunch program and subsidized gym membership.
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks & drinks)