Director, Credit Card Customer Risk Management
Sofi’s Risk Management group has responsibility for ensuring that the organizations growth in lending and other member related activities follows the company’s risk appetite. The group directly manages the credit risk strategies and policies, partners with all of the other teams at Sofi to maintain strong third party risk management, strong compliance with regulations, excellent operational controls and delivering on a great customer experience.
This role will have responsibility for managing partnering with the Capital Markets, Finance, Operations, Legal and Compliance teams to implement value added risk strategies across our credit card & other consumer lending portfolios.
SoFi is a new kind of finance company taking a radical approach to lending, wealth management and insurance. From unprecedented products and tools to faster service and open conversations, we’re all about helping our members get ahead and find success. Whether they’re looking to buy a home, save money on student loans, ascend in their careers, or invest in the future, the SoFi community works to empower our members to accomplish the goals they set and achieve financial independence. Having raised nearly $2 billion in funding since 2011 and boasting over 700,000 members and 1,500 employees, SoFi’s future is bright.
The key role of this individual is to design & deploy an effective credit card customer risk control program. This includes, but not limited to:
· Develop & Maintain risk policies & programs for credit card portfolio management. This includes line management, authorization policies, payment polices etc.
· Partner with the decision sciences organization to build the right set of models
· Partner with partner teams like Operations, Collections, Financial Crimes, Finance, Capital Market, Product, Marketing etc to share deeper insights on risk & profitability dimensions of the portfolio
· Articulate clear expectations, get buy-in from key stakeholders & deliver against those expectations.
· Foster a culture of test & learn, improve & iterate rapidly.
· Building strong relationships with the product, engineering, capital markets team & marketing teams.
· Help train & develop junior risk managers. Shares broad experience across the organization.
· Master’s degree in an analytical discipline
· 10-15 years of relevant work experience.
· 7+ years of credit risk experience (most of it in the unsecured consumer lending, preferably with an OCC regulated bank)
· 2+ years of management experience
· Commercial minded. Critical thinker.
· Good balance between result focused, process oriented, builds relationship & innovative