Principal Product Owner, Personal Loans
SoFi is looking for a Principal Product Owner for our Personal Loans business. As SoFi expands its portfolio to realize its vision of becoming an end-to-end financial institution serving the entirety of our members financial needs. We are looking for a hands-on, technology proficient, team player who can lead, define, and deliver innovative solutions for our products.
This role is a unique opportunity to work on our personal loans product offering. In this role, you will be the product owner responsible for prioritizing, defining and building features that enables SoFi to both improve the conversion of existing applicants as well as grow and expand into adjacent markets. Just as you will be responsible for learning, iterating and improving on our existing personal loans product, you will also be responsible for developing innovative functionality that disrupts competitors and further differentiates SoFi’s personal loan offering in the marketplace. As a senior product leader in our organization, you will be expected to set ambitious goals, be gritty, and accountable to results.
About the Role
This role is inherently cross-functional—you will work closely with engineering, design, data sciences, operations, finance, and executive teams to set strategy, define and prioritize features. You’ll bridge technical and business worlds engaging with matrixed teams including engineering, design, operations, legal, risk, compliance and you must drive internal stakeholder and partner engagements necessary for the on-time launch of the product.
At SoFi, we innovate on behalf of our members focused reinventing banking services in a way that makes them simple , fast and intuitive. Our goal is to be at the center of our members’ financial lives. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. We expanded into other types of loans, and then into insurance and wealth management with similarly inventive products and soon to be launched SoFi money a modern take on a checking or savings account. As the company has grown, we’ve been able to help more people with these tools. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent.
- Be able to devise and drive disruptive innovative solutions in a customer centric environment
- Build a vision, strategy and own a multi-year product roadmap
- Break vision into phases, prioritize and drive backlogs for launch with your dedicated engineering teams
- Own BI, instrumentation and data and analysis for your products to drive deep understanding, innovation and product plans
- Be able to influence and lead teams in a fast paced agile environment
- Work with internal project stakeholders from marketing, sales, operations, community and executive management to translate customer needs into a product
- Be able to work closely with engineering to own and dive deep into backlogs , definition of done and technical details
- Lead extensive framework of experimentation in order to drive customer and business impact
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with a technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- Prior experience with experimentation (A/B testing, multivariate testing, etc.) and good understanding of statistics
- Prior experience creating, growing products from inception to scale within 2-3 years
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
- Demonstrated success defining and launching successful consumer facing products
- Proven ability to innovate and come up with ideas to help drive the product forward
- Superior communication skills, written and verbal. Experience presenting to C-level leadership
- Proven ability to understand the business and engineering sides and get into the technical details
- Ability to assume a strong sense of responsibility and ownership in an atmosphere of ambiguity
- Excellent project management skills - delivery oriented
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on deadlines
- Proven track record of successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience in financial services and/or lending is a plus, but more important is your ability to learn fast, ask questions and solve problems
- Ability to work with remote teams
- MBA with BS or higher in Computer Science
- 10+ years product management
- Passion for fin tech
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of medical, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- Generous vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
- Employer paid lunch program and subsidized gym membership.
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks & drinks)