Senior Engineer, Network
As part of the Core Infrastructure team, you will be in the middle of it all – implementing functionality, architecting our system, squashing bugs, maintaining the health of our code, and continually growing as an engineer. The ideal candidate is both forward-thinking and hands-on, has a strong sense of ownership and drive for delivery, and is a good mentor and co-worker. At SoFi, we pride ourselves on the collaboration between Product, Design and Engineering. You will be involved in the entire product lifecycle - from ideation, building, deployment, and continual improvements.
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. Next we expanded our products and services across loans, wealth management, and insurance. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
Key responsibilities will include
- Deployment, integration and management of virtual next-gen firewalls for access control, visibility and security in our cloud infrastructure
- Troubleshooting of network connectivity and performance problems and subsequent remediation
- Scheduled and emergency network maintenance (software/firmware upgrades, etc.)
- Network design/architecture of cloud networks using best practices
- Ability to lead projects through all phases from initial planning through completion, including:
- Pre-sales responsibilities to translate project requirements into product and services recommendations (including all hardware/components, software and features/configurations to deploy)
- Development and documentation of project plans, detailing required tasks
- Execution of project plan with minimal impact to production networks/services
- Post-installation testing for validation/successful project completion
- Deployment and administration of network security features including IDS/IPS, anti-malware/AV policies, web-application firewalls, DDoS mitigation
- Deployment of SSL and IPsec VPNs
- Building Cloud Infrastructure as code using tools such as Terraform or Cloudformation
- Documentation of project plans, network diagrams (physical and logical) and test plans
- Deployment and use of network monitoring/management solutions
- 8+ years networking experience
- CCNP, AWS Associate Certifications, or equivalent experience. Other certifications highly encouraged (e.g. specializations in data center, security or other platforms such as Palo Alto)
- Layer 2 networking experience deploying/administering spanning-tree, 802.1Q VLANs and link-aggregation
- Layer 3 networking experience (OSPF, BGP, MPLS and ECMP, PBR/PBF, multicast)
- Thorough understanding of protocols including ICMP, ARP, IP, TCP/UDP, DHCP, DNS, SNMP, NTP, RADIUS, 802.1X, HTTP, SSL/TLS, NFS, SMB/CIFS, LDAP
- Strong understanding of VPN technologies client VPN, Site to Site VPN
- Strong understanding of Network Security best practices
- Good attitude and ability to maintain an approachable and friendly demeanor when interacting with colleagues
- Works well under pressure and ability to remain level-headed and manage expectations when setbacks occur
- Willingness to be on call on a rotating basis.
- Willingness to participate in after-hours and weekend maintenance
- Network Experience within cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Experience building out intercloud connectivity using SD WAN solutions
- Building virtual networking infrastructure in a cloud environment using Virtual Palo Alto Firewalls, Panorama, Cisco CSR, Aviatrix, etc
- Experience building cloud infrastructure as code using tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- Experience managing AWS infrastructure such as Route 53, Elastic Load Balancers, Security Groups, NACL’s, VPC’s, Private Links, VPC Endpoints, NAT Gateway, Virtual Private Gateway, Transit Gateway
- Operating systems: experience with Linux, Windows and Mac OS X
- Ability to write Scripts to automate Network Tasks: Python, Bash, etc.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of medical, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- Generous vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
- Employer paid lunch program and subsidized gym membership.
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks & drinks)
We are an equal opportunity employer. Read more here.