Senior Engineer, Front-End
We are seeking a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our team. On our team, you will be in the middle of it all - implementing functionality, architecting our system, squashing bugs, maintaining the health of our code, and continually growing as an engineer. The ideal candidate is both forward-thinking and hands-on, has a strong sense of ownership and drive for delivery, and is a good mentor and co-worker.
At SoFi, we pride ourselves on the collaboration between Product, Design and Engineering and so you will be involved in the entire product lifecycle, from ideation through building, deploying and continual improvement and evolution.
At SoFi, you'll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members' financial lives, and to help ever member get their money right. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. Next we expanded our products and services across loans, wealth management, and insurance. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
- Develop testable and accessible web applications
- Work with designers to identify and solve potential implementation issues
- Help translate user stories into technical solutions
- Mentor other engineers, support the technical culture, and help grow the team
- Generate ideas for new initiatives and technologies
- Communicate with project leads, product managers and other software developers
- Bachelor's Degree, ideally in a technical field, but we understand great engineers come from all sorts of different backgrounds and also consider relevant work experience
- 5+ years related experience or demonstrated equivalent
- Experience with React
- Familiarity with responsive design/development and mobile-web best practices.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves, collaborate with others and get stuff done
- Strong sense of responsibility; driving a project from inception to completion
- Affinity for solving problems and shipping impactful features, not polishing perfect code or architecture
- Experience working in a collaborative coding environment (and git specifically), refining designs together, working through code reviews and managing pull requests
- Bonus: Experience working on large-scale applications
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits; 100% of premiums paid by SoFi for employees and their dependents
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Lunch stipend, a fully stocked kitchen, and gym membership
- And of course, competitive salary packages and bonuses