Physical Scientist / Evidence Analyst
***Note: This is a contingent opportunity***
SNA International seeks a bright, collaborative Physical Scientist / Evidence Analyst with a strong work ethic to join our team and work together in pursuit of the same cause to build a safe and just world by empowering organizations in the use of forensics, biometrics, and identity intelligence.
Qualified candidates will be part of a team of individuals with a keen attention to detail and will use it to properly inventory items, check-in evidence, perform data entry into multiple database systems, follow proper classification guidelines, mailing/shipping evidence, proper serialization and storage of all case records and maintain case records, and the chains-of-custody for all evidence and forensic materials.
The following list is representative of the types of activities and responsibilities anticipated to be performed, but are not limited to:
- Receive, open and inventory contents of evidence submissions.
- Create appropriate laboratory examination plans; enter accurate data (laboratory number, case ID number, item numbers, and descriptions) into various database tracking systems.
- Create and utilize either electronic or paper chain-of-custody forms for all evidence transfers.
- Utilize database tracking and record systems for researching incidents and determine appropriate classification designations.
- Enter data into EXPeRT, Forensic Advantage (FA), and / or other database systems; create examination plans; generate barcode labels, packaging, and shipping of evidence.
- Photograph contents of submission so that accurate records are maintained for case files.
- Upload photographs to local hard drives and backup hard drives and to appropriate databases.
- Stage evidence submissions and documentation for processing by the forensic and technical exploitation teams.
- Prepare evidence submissions for return to contributor or central repository
- Prepare packaging and shipping to other designated locations.
- Review documents and photographs to ensure that appropriate classification and dissemination marking are present. If not, then add the appropriate markings to the records, as appropriate.
- Prepare all administrative case records for final closure by ensuring they are compiled, marked and serialized.
- Support activities, functions, or duties, as required.
- Research, develop, and author whitepapers and information papers, as required
- Bachelor of Science degree in the Sciences and at least one (1) year of practical experience preferred
- Must complete internal training program for working with evidence.
- Course work in forensics
- Familiarity with QA/QC
- Experience with a Laboratory Information Management System System (LIMS)
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft products such as MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook.
- Should possess strong attention to detail
This position has multiple openings in Huntsville, AL
Candidates must be US citizens and able to pass a background check, drug screening, and a polygraph (if required).
Please submit your resume and a cover letter that outlines why you should be considered for this position and position level. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
No phone calls
SNA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.