CODIS System SME
***This is a contingent opportunity***
SNA International, LLC (SNA), a vibrant, growing company based in Alexandria, VA, is a world leader in forensics, biometrics, and identity intelligence services. SNA's staff support high visibility forensic human identification operations, including staffing some of the US's largest federal forensic laboratories.
SNA International is hiring an experienced CODIS System SME to support SNA and our government customers. Provide support at the FBI Laboratory in Quantico, VA, and at designated locations within the Washington DC Metro area, including the development contractor’s location (currently Stafford, VA) and the operations contractor location (currently Stafford, VA).
The position requirements are as follows:
- Working with a verification and validation (V&V) team of software testers for this project
- Provide technical expertise in the operation and routine and non-routine use of the CODIS software.
- Review and develop test procedures from the perspective of a CODIS end user.
- Review and develop test data sets that represent operational scenarios.
- Develop test procedures that exercise CODIS functionality in an operationally realistic manner.
- Evaluate the implementation of user enhancements in order to support the creation of test procedures.
- Validate testing approaches and the accuracy of system design documentation.
- Participate in the evaluation of screen mockups and prototypes to support usability reviews with various law enforcement stakeholders.
- Work with the CODIS Software Development Team for system functionality, logic, and clarification.
- Conduct Government Acceptance Testing (GAT) and support User Acceptance Testing (UAT), as appropriate.
- Attempt to reproduce defects reported by end-users.
- Evaluate the software for usability.
- All software testing will be performed manually and on-site, telework is not permitted for this project.
- Ensure that the developed software is fully functional and ready for end-user interface and operations.
- Conduct and support GAT on delivered software builds Support UAT.
- Create, define, and explain solutions to problems encountered during the GAT process.
- Be willing to accept responsibility and accountability as it is delegated throughout the GAT process.
Other duties for this position are as follows:
- Works with Development Team to understand requirements and report possible conflicts and resolutions.
- Identifies system anomalies and diagnoses possible causes.
- Review and provide feedback on contract (operations, maintenance, and development) document deliverables.
Work Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess a minimum of two (2) years of experience as a CODIS end user.
- Must have completed the FBI’s Computer Based Training or Instructor Lead Training on the CODIS software.
- Must have the ability to obtain a Top Secret (TS) Security Clearance.
- Must be willing to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement.
- Must display ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing; specifically, be able to convey complex coding and system interface challenges in plain English and in a way that a non-testing expert can understand.
- Demonstrate ability to be a problem solver.
- Demonstrate the ability to be a team player with all CODIS staff and current and future CODIS contractors.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience with the CODIS software.
- Experience as a Local or State CODIS Administrator.
- Demonstrated ability to develop scientific or software validation/test plans and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience supporting scientific validations or software testing scenarios.
- Possession of an active Top Secret (TS) Security Clearance.
- Experience with software acceptance testing.
- Experience designing or conducting scientific validation studies.
- Ability to function and perform duties in a team environment.
- Ability to meet project-defined or designated deadlines.
- Willingness to partake in annual travel (Continental US), 1-week per year.
Working Environment & Conditions
This job operates in a professional office environment and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position, and has a low to moderate noise level. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The workload may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must be able to read, do simple math calculations and withstand moderate amounts of stress. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. The job's specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter that outlines why you should be considered for this position and position level.
No phone calls, please.
SNA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.