Critical Incident Response SME I
***This is a contingent opportunity***
SNA International, LLC (SNA), a vibrant, growing company based in Alexandria, VA, is a world leader in forensics, biometrics, and identity intelligence services. SNA's staff support high visibility forensic human identification operations, including staffing some of the US's largest federal forensic laboratories.
SNA International is hiring an experienced Critical Incident Response SME to support SNA and our government customer. Provide support at the J. Edgar Hoover Building, FBI HQ, Washington, D.C., and other government off-site facilities. Occasionally, task orders may require performance outside of the United States.
The SME position requirements are as follows:
- SME will support CIRG interagency and intra-FBI policy and plans development and execution that supports CIRG’s and the CIRG Section Chiefs’ responsibilities for policy and plans and support to operational response.
- SME must demonstrate experience in national security policy, law enforcement or military operations, information flow, technology systems, military and law enforcement command structures, legal requirements, and report and document writing.
- SME is utilized and expected to fulfill responsibilities for operational response to various command post locations that may require them to operate FBI-owned or leased vehicles domestically and in remote locations.
- SME is required to support additional CIRG locations in the National Capital Region, including FBI Headquarters, the Mount Weather Emergency Operations Center, Bluemont, Virginia, and in Richmond, Virginia, on a routine basis.
Work Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Possess a background in interagency national security policy.
- Possess an active SECRET clearance and the ability to obtain a specialized DOE “Q” clearance and TOP SECRET clearance (the FBI will sponsor and facilitate the DOE “Q” clearance on a case-by-case basis).
- Possess the equivalent of at least three (3) years of professional experience, preferably working in law enforcement or military interagency policy and planning.
- Possess exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and strong oral and written communication.
- Software skills (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite) and internet research abilities.
- Possess a working knowledge of the National Response Framework and the National Incident Command System.
- Ability to deploy CONUS/OCONUS at the direction of the FBI.
- Ability to periodically be on a 24/7/365 alert roster to staff an FBI crisis operations center at various locations in the Washington, D.C., Richmond, Virginia, and northern- Virginia areas.
- Possess a valid Virginia Driver License for the operation of FBI-owned or leased vehicles in accordance with the contract.
- Possess a valid U.S. Passport.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
Working Environment & Conditions
This job operates in a professional office environment and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position, and has a low to moderate noise level. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The workload may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must be able to read, do simple math calculations and withstand moderate amounts of stress. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. The job's specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter that outlines why you should be considered for this position and position level.
No phone calls, please.
SNA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.