Casework Files Assistant 2
SNA International seeks a bright, collaborative Casework Files Assistant 2 with a strong work ethic to join our team and work together in pursuit of the same cause to build a safe and just world by empowering organizations in the use of forensics, biometrics, and identity intelligence.
The Casework Files Assistant operates as a team member with Physical Scientists, Chemists, and Forensic Examiners and performs functions associated with centralized movement and management of case files and related evidence.
The following list is representative of the types of activities and responsibilities anticipated to be performed, but are not limited to:
- Acquire files from Federal, state, and local forensic organizations and categorize them for easy retrieval by unit examiners and / or TEDAC management personnel
- File and archive appropriate paperwork including chains-of-custody documentation.
- Forward, staff, and submit reports to the appropriate examiner for inclusion in case packages, as appropriate.
- Coordinate with Forensic Examiners to ensure that all reports are uploaded into EXPeRT.
- Assist QA Specialists and Forensic Examiners with retrieval of case files and organizing audit materials.
- Assist with document tracking or developing database/spreadsheet applications to track case files, audit reports, and other documentation management actions.
- Support activities, functions, or duties as defined.
- Track case files, audit reports, and other documentation management actions as required.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Education: High School diploma or GED certificate.
- Experience: At least one (1) year of experience with forensic processes and case work documentation as it relates to forensic examinations.
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities
- The ability to prioritize job responsibilities in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a focus on excellent customer service is a must
This position has multiple openings in Huntsville, AL.
Candidates must be US citizens and able to pass a background check, drug screening, and a polygraph (if required).
Please submit your resume and a cover letter that outlines why you should be considered for this position and position level. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
No phone calls.
SNA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.