Relationship Testing Laboratory Director
SNA International, a world leader in forensics, biometrics, and identity intelligence, is currently seeking a Relationship Testing Laboratory Director. The Relationship Testing Laboratory Director will be responsible for overseeing the daily operations of SNA’s DNA laboratory.
- Responsible for the operations of the DNA laboratory
- Work in accordance with the laboratory’s operational procedures, Quality Manual, and Relationship Testing Manual
- Ensure that operational policies, processes, and procedures are defined, documented, implemented, maintained, and improved
- Ensure adherence to quality and operational policies, processes, and procedures
- Ensure compliance with AABB Relationship Testing Standards, International Organization for Standardization (ISO)/International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) 17025:2017- General and Forensic Science Testing and Calibration Accreditation Standards, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Quality Assurance Standards (QAS) for Forensic DNA Testing Laboratories and DNA Databasing Laboratories
- Ensure technical integrity of the laboratory
- Ensure quality by defining, documenting, implementing, maintaining, and improving the quality system
- Conduct scheduled management reviews to assess the effectiveness of the quality system
- Participate in the selection of equipment and supplies
- Prepare project progress reports
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understanding of forensic DNA based relationship testing
- Attention to detail and ability to produce high quality work products
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills with the ability to multitask to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to anticipate risk and suggest mitigation strategies
- Proficiency in standard office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Ability to pass background and credit checks, and other assessments to determine suitability
- Doctoral degree in medicine, biology, clinical laboratory science, chemistry, or genetics
- At least two years of documented experience in relationship testing in an AABB accredited laboratory or under the guidance of a laboratory director currently or previously employed in an accredited laboratory
- Experience working in a laboratory accredited and in compliance with the ISO/ IEC 17025:2017 standards and the FBI’s Quality Assurance Standards for Forensic DNA Testing Laboratories and DNA Databasing Laboratories
Candidates must be US citizens and must be able to successfully complete a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NAC-I) Background Check.
SNA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Please submit a cover letter along with your resume. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.