Data Analyst (Part-Time)
SNA International, a world leader in forensics, biometrics and identity intelligence, seeks a part-time Data Analyst to assist the Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency (DPAA) at Offutt AFB, Nebraska.
The Data Visualization Analyst is responsible for providing support for the DPAA Laboratory with data visualizations by transforming raw data into visual form to simplify internal and external communication.
This is a part-time position with the expectation for the ideal candidate to work 20 hours per week.
- B.A./B.S. degree in a related field, or relative experience in the field otherwise.
- Previously completed courses in mathematics, statistics, graph theory, data science, and visualization are favorable
- Possess strong attention to detail and excellent recordkeeping skills
- Possess the ability to prioritize responsibilities, multi-task, and work well under pressure
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat
- Strong written and communication skills
- Highly organized
- Able to work well independently, as well as in a team environment
Critical Work Responsibilities:
- Perform and provide support for the DPAA Laboratory with data visualizations by transforming raw data into visual form to simplify internal and external communication
- General task overview includes:
- Data exploration
- Data preparation and processing
- Model development, algorithm design, and reporting
- Model deployment through application design and implementation
- Maintain continuing education per SOP requirements (e.g. conference attendance, in-house training, etc.).
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain various content management systems/databases
- Communicate deliverables to DPAA lab management and relevant project leads
- Conduct the following for DPAA Lab Informatics:
- Develop data visualizations of laboratory casework data, case tracking data, DNA data, and human skeletal research data
- Produce views of DPAA Lab data using Crystal Reports and the STARLIMS Designer View.
- Build QLIK applications for the DPAA Lab stream from the DPAA DataMart.
- Implement and/or integrate existing DPAA analytics methods into CoRA Analytics
- Streamline data processes for the DPAA Laboratories, including:
- Data cleaning and processing, and development of scripts to parse DPAA data and automate tasks
- Conducting “big picture” identification of data organization at DPAA and integration of data from external sources
- Occasionally travel nationally and perhaps internationally (travel anticipated to be approximately 5-10%)
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Follows all client policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned consistent with the position for which you were hired
Please submit a cover letter along with your CV. CVs without a cover letter will not be considered.
SNA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.