SNA International seeks a bright, collaborative Junior Software Developer with a strong work ethic to join our team. SNA International’s team works together in pursuit of the same cause, to build a safe and just world by empowering organizations in the use of forensics, biometrics and identity intelligence.
SNA International (SNA), a vibrant growing company based in Alexandria, VA, is a world leader in forensics, biometrics, and identity intelligence services. With a staff of over 240 scientists and business professionals, SNA creates innovative, cost-effective, and reliable forensic and biometric solutions guaranteed to work in the real world. SNA's staff support high visibility forensic human identification operations, including staffing some of the largest federal forensic laboratories in the US. For the last two years, SNA made the annual Inc. 500 list, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. In 2020 SNA moved up on the list and is currently ranked number 150. SNA is the ninth fastest-growing government contractor.
The Software Developer will:
- Create, develop, and modify modules that are part of a web-based proprietary system using the Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) used by JusticeTrax (LIMS-plus).
- Create reports using tools like Crystal Reports, SSRS, PowerBI and more for Internal use, to meet customer needs, or to foster new ideas.
- Analyze and verify data for integrity, accuracy, and usability, make corrections or create corrective solutions as needed.
- Design tools for accessing the data (triggers, stored procedures, reports, dashboards, etc)
- Analyze data details, relations, accuracy, update as appropriate, assist with transition to newer architectures.
- Peer review others’ queries, triggers, stored procedures, reports.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and communicate effectively with customers and staff.
- Ability to communicate well
- Ability to obtain security clearance if required
- Residency in Washington, D.C. is preferred but not required.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter that outlines why you should be considered for this position and position level. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
No phone calls
SNA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.