HUMINT Validation SME (Behavioral Specialist)
SNA International is seeking a Behavioral Specialist Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to support the FBI’s Intelligence Operations Branch, HUMINT Operations Section (HOSE), Validation Operational Testing Unit (VOTU). The SMEs will perform comprehensive behavioral assessments of sources to identify a source’s key personality traits, sources of social and professional influence, behavioral strengths and vulnerabilities. The Behavioral Specialist must be able to evaluate and identify and provide judgment regarding the source’s operational utility, capability and integrity. These positions will be located in Washington D.C. The Behavioral Specialist shall provide the following support services:
- Provide direct support to headquarters and field elements through the conduct of formal operational/behavioral assessments of confidential sources identifying psychological strengths, weaknesses and vulnerabilities.
- Coordinate with mental health professionals, subject matter experts, linguists.
- Draft formal written assessments based on detailed reviews of source/case files, on-site briefings of agents/source handlers and comprehensive operational-clinical interviews of sources.
- Provide support to the government to debrief case agents and source handlers for details regarding source's behavior.
- Assist in identifying a source's key personality traits, sources of social and professional influence, psychological strengths and vulnerabilities.
- Use the results to make recommendations regarding continued use and/or to assist in the design, implementation and evaluation of formal operational testing scenarios.
- Assist the government with the management of projects and associated activities under the Human Intelligence (HUMINT) Program, participate in meetings and briefings, and provide support for specific initiatives.
- Travel to field offices, off-sites and other intelligence organizations in support of the HUMINT Program.
- Be available by telephone or e-mail on a 24/7 basis to provides services regarding the HUMINT source validation operational testing and behavioral assessment topics.
- Make appropriate recommendations in challenging or emergency situations to facilitate the government’s decision-making process.
- Serve as an advisor in developing programs to conduct operational testing and behavioral assessment of confidential sources in support of operational testing.
- Review relevant source and case files, including investigative reports, memoranda, telephone records, surveillance logs and other investigative reports.
- Assess a source's integrity and competence in the context of past and current behavior.
- Provide advice regarding the source's operational utility, capability and integrity.
- Incorporate knowledge regarding a source's background and personality into a formal written operational/behavioral assessment.
- A minimum four-year Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university. Master’s Degree preferred.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years federal law enforcement experience, including involvement in intelligence community management and legislative oversight, as well as prior experience effectively interacting with US Intelligence Community agencies in relation to information sharing.
- Capability of working independently and providing detailed analysis and recommendations to FBI personnel at the senior executive level.
- Possess prior experience in reviewing Directorate National Intelligence (DNI) policies and capable of providing guidance based on review of policies.
- Ability to integrate knowledge of a source’s background, experience and personality into a formal written operational behavioral assessment.
- A minimum of four years experience working with source and case files, to include utilization of advanced source vetting and validating tools.
- Involvement with intelligence community management and source policy oversight, as well as experience effectively collaborating with U.S. Intelligence Community agencies on joint source operations.
- Ability to collect relevant source data and analyze behavioral trends.
- Active DoD TS/SCI and HUMINT (HK) level security clearance. Willing to undergo polygraph examination.
Previous experience working with the FBI providing HUMINT validation and assessment support.
SNA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.