Explosives Safety Specialist
***This is a contingent opportunity***
SNA International seeks a bright, highly motivated Explosives Safety Specialist (ESS) with a strong work ethic to join our team and work together in pursuit of the same cause, build a safe and just world by empowering organizations in the use of forensics, biometrics and identity intelligence.
The Explosives Safety Specialist (ESS) performs a range of work involving many different and unrelated processes related to IED and explosives ordinance defeat. ESS personnel must complete an internal training program for working with evidence.
The following list is representative of the types of activities and responsibilities anticipated to be performed, but are not limited to:
- Perform and document safety-check practices on all evidence submitted for explosives.
- Utilize x-ray equipment to produce clear x-rays that are sufficient for accurate interpretation of potentially hazardous devices
- Perform x-ray interpretation, in collaboration with other qualified individuals, to determine if a device is safe, or needs to be rendered safe, by qualified Forensic Device Examiner.
- Assist in the disposal of, and / or render safe, live explosive devices IAW all applicable laws, rules, regulations, methods, and procedures.
- Assist in the proper transport and storage of explosive devices and materials IAW all applicable laws, rules, regulations, methods, and procedures.
- Assist in conducting comprehensive assessments upon request.
- Prepare detailed documentation and reports associated with explosives storage, explosives inventory, explosives safety, explosive management program, and range activities.
- Receive, open, and inventory evidence. Initiate and maintain proper evidence administrative documentation, including chain-of-custody of all forensic evidence under examination and be able to perform the duties associated with evidence management and data entry into various databases for evidence processing.
- Support activities, functions, or duties, as defined.
- Research, develop, and author whitepapers and information papers, as required.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience handling explosives.
- Strong background in Explosives Ordinance Disposal (EOD), performing and interpreting x-ray capture/images, explosives demolitions, explosives safety management, and explosives range safety.
- DoD or FBI certification(s) required to perform explosives operations.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities
Equipment Required: Steel Toe Boots required for range work or work with power equipment.
This position is in Huntsville, AL
Candidates must be US citizens and able to pass a background check, drug screening, and a polygraph (if required).
Please submit your resume and a cover letter that outlines why you should be considered for this position and position level. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
No phone calls
SNA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.