Forensic Anthropologist – Postgraduate Research Associate (NE)
SNA International, a world leader in forensics, biometrics and identity intelligence, is currently looking for a Forensic Anthropologist – Postgraduate Research Associate.
The Forensic Anthropologist – Postgraduate Research Associate will conduct anthropological analysis to assist the Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency (DPAA) in the identification of remains, including those from large commingled assemblages, of U.S. service members lost during past conflicts and will provide professional, scientific leadership to a team engaged in forensic and biological anthropological studies and investigations.
- M.A./M.S. in anthropology, or a related field
- Experience in osteological analysis and creating a biological profile
- Experience in forensic casework would be beneficial but is not required
- Proficient in MS Word, Photoshop, PowerPoint, Excel, FORDISC, and Adobe Acrobat
- Must pass competency and proficiency tests within 90 days of start date
Critical Work Responsibilities:
- Correlate investigative evidence with laboratory findings to achieve identification of casualties
- Demonstrate experience in osteological analysis and a thorough grasp of the methods used to create a biological profile
- Possess a demonstrated history of research dissemination via conferences and publications
- Prepare professional-level reports for submission to higher authorities detailing analytical findings
- Exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to adapt communication styles to different audiences
- Demonstrate a highly organized, detail-oriented, and precise approach to recording analytical results and findings
- Work closely with other analysts and members of staff in a team environment, and be able to take direction when required
- Work independently with client staff supporting and anticipating client needs and demonstrating problem-solving skills
- Have experience performing tasks under tight deadlines and managing shifting priorities
- Follow all client policies and procedures
- Travel nationally and internationally, if required (travel anticipated to be approximately 5-10% of
Interested Foreign Nationals:
Foreign Nationals may be considered for this position. All foreign nationals must be able to demonstrate that they have lived in the United States for 3 of the past 5 years and have a US Social Security Number. These requirements must be met in order to move forward with the application process.
Please submit a cover letter along with your CV. CVs without a cover letter will not be considered.
NOTE: This requisition is open year-round. A position may not be available at the time an application is submitted and may not become available for weeks to months after applying.
SNA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.