Crisis Negotiation Subject Matter Expert
SNA International is seeking a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for a part-time position to support the FBI’s Critical Incident Response Group (CIRG) in Quantico, Virginia. The SME shall provide research and curriculum development in the area of negotiations pertaining to complex Counterterrorism (CT) hostage taking matters. The SME will be expected to provide Crisis Negotiation Unit (CNU) with evidence based strategy ideas developed from research and case-based experiences for resolving complex CT hostage taking matters. The following list is representative of the types of activities and responsibilities anticipated to be performed. The list is not intended to be all-inclusive:
- Research and curriculum development in the area of negotiations pertaining to complex CT hostage taking matters.
- Provide courses consisting of a mixture of presentations, visual media, and practical exercises to practice and become competent with the various methods being taught.
- Conduct research and assist in developing materials for the formal FBI Negotiator-in-Service training course.
- Initiate new blocks of instruction and teach or assist in teaching during the formal two week and one week school.
- Conducting research, performing analysis, and presenting/instructing during formal schools and conferences.
- Provided research and training development focused on a comprehensive case-based operational analysis.
- May occasionally be requested to travel domestically or internationally to provide training in support of the CNU mission.
- Travel CONUS or OCONUS may be required.
- B.A. or B.S. degree or equivalent experience in a related field coupled with a minimum of twenty (20) years of experience in the law enforcement, including fifteen (15) years of specialized experience in crisis and hostage negotiation.
- At least ten (10) years of experience in fields relevant to providing training in crisis and hostage negotiation.
- A current DoD Secret or Top Secret clearance is preferred, but is not required.
- Previous experience working within the FBI supporting crisis negotiation functions.
SNA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.