Explosives Range Technician
SNA International seeks a bright, collaborative Explosives Range Technician(ERT) with a strong work ethic to join our team and work together in pursuit of the same cause: build a safe and just world by empowering organizations in the use of forensics, biometrics, and identity intelligence.
Qualified candidates in this role will serve as the explosives RSO to ensure that safe test operations take place and that all scientists, technicians, and visitors are aware of range hazards and conduct themselves in a safe manner. The ERT shall serve as a support engineer and will be required to work as a member of a team employing well developed communication skills, discretion, and cooperation.
The following list is representative of the types of activities and responsibilities anticipated to be performed, but are not limited to:
- Aid energetic material characterization efforts designed to understand explosives hazards and performance properties
- Develop and write safety plans, provide a range safety overview to new personnel and visitors, purchase and inventory test range equipment, prepare and maintain the explosives test range for experimentation, maintain the test range equipment, manage wastes, support and perform explosives production operations, support and perform explosives hazard and performance characterization
- Support operations at the Department of Homeland Security Detection Technology (DTC), by suppling IEs and IEDs, assisting with explosives and device handling, and retrieving the devices following detection analysis.
- Demonstrate knowledge of policy and procedures related to waste generation, and waste disposal are essential
- Test fixture design and production according to drawings and schematics, experience with oscilloscopes, piezo pins, and high-speed videography.
- Research, develop, and author whitepapers and information papers, as required
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working with explosives, pyrotechnics, propellants, explosive production/disposal and experience with blasting machines, initiators, firing units, and their maintenance.
- Have familiarity with a variety of detonation techniques.
- Strong background in electrical engineering, welding, woodworking, and metalworking to assist with IED construction and lethality assessment.
- Be familiar with all aspects of range operation, Entrance On Duty(EOD), and capability to clearly communicate with other EOD personnel as required.
- Knowledge of chemistry, physics, materials science, and electrical engineering.
- Willingness to learn about chemical processes necessary to prepare energetic materials. and the techniques used to characterize energetic materials and explosive formulations.
- Competence with heavy equipment such as forklifts and tractors.
- Ability to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
This position is located in Huntsville, AL
Candidates must be US citizens and able to pass a background check, drug screening, and a polygraph (if required).
Please submit your resume and a cover letter that outlines why you should be considered for this position and position level. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
No phone calls
SNA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.