Under minimal supervision, provides clerical support to personnel and management. Duties consist of preparing correspondence, filing, mail distribution, invoice processing and basic spreadsheet preparation and data/information tracking.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Answers incoming calls, responds to requests, delivers messages
- Updates appointment calendars and schedules appointments
- Posts bulletins and memorandums
- Compiles, copies, sorts and files records of office activities, business transactions, etc.
- Prepares daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports as needed
- May perform some basic data analysis and budget tracking for a small group
- Composes and types letters, memos and other correspondence
- Orders, receives and maintains offices supplies
- Stuffs envelopes and addresses, stamps, sorts and distributes mail, packages and other materials
- Responsible for various clerical duties including, but not limited to, typing, filing, faxing, mail, distribution, meeting coordination and scheduling
- Conducts business with the highest ethical standards and has decision making skills that ensure the safety of all persons associated with SM facilities
- Other duties as assigned
High School Degree or equivalent required
4+ years of relevant work experience required. General clerical and administrative experience in oil and gas industry experience a plus.
SM Energy requires that all new hires be fully vaccinated by their employment start date as a condition of employment. SM Energy follows federal, state, and municipal law prohibiting discrimination and retaliation on all impermissible bases outlined in those laws. Thus, if any applicant believes in good faith they may have a bona fide religious or disability-related exception to these requirements, SM Energy will make an individualized assessment and if required, engage in an accommodations analysis and dialogue.