Artificial Lift Specialist
Under general supervision, assists professionals in the field with routine operations specialist duties per role specific knowledge. Responsible for oil and gas well operations, well testing, operating and maintaining field equipment and facilities. Provides operational assistance to personnel based on specialty. Some duties may include, but not limited to, calibration of equipment, routine troubleshooting, basic understanding of POC and Well Analyzer. Working independently or in a collaborative team to optimize production in a safe, cost effective and efficient manner. Based on data, be able to make recommendations for well optimization.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for surveillance of general field operations and maintenance of various databases regarding production operations
- Basic ability to provide basic technical and mechanical assistance to production operations personnel
- Prepare various tickets, work orders, records and other administrative reports to manage trends and to support recommendations
- Collect field data, evaluate, and make recommendations for well optimization
- Understanding of oil and gas flow operations and relative equipment
- Ensure work assignments are carried out in highest level of quality and safety precautions
- Assist and communicate with operators to schedule and review specialist duties
- Implement quality assurance process with contractors on site
- Prepare and manage work orders in a timely manner.
- Observe and report abnormal or dangerous conditions pertaining to surface production equipment
- Conduct business with the highest ethical standards; demonstrate decision-making skills that ensure the safety of all persons associated with SM facilities
- Other duties as assigned by supervision
Has a basic understanding of industry terminology and technical knowledge. The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations, open and close valves and carry tools/equipment necessary to complete job duties. Maintain eligible motor vehicle record and license. Ability to climb up to 30 feet in height. Install and/or remove equipment in accordance with applicable SWP, SOP, or technical procedures. Basic working knowledge of downhole equipment.
- Able to input and audit AVM reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Responsible for troubleshooting, commissioning, and daily operation of miscellaneous Artificial lift equipment
- Assist with the assembly and disassembly of oil and gas artificial lift systems including wellheads, lubricators, plunger lifts, gas lifts, separators and tie-in systems.
- Coordinate field repairs with third party construction crews
- Basic understanding of PLC, POC, VFD and Well Analyzer systems
- Understand liquid loading in the wellbore
- Maintain proper inventory and material transfer
- Reviews trending of production data to identify problems
High School Diploma or Equivalent Required. Associates or Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
Minimum 2+ years of work experience required. Oil and gas industry experience a plus.
As part of the hiring process, the Company reserves the right, consistent with all applicable federal, state and local law, to conduct certain pre-employment screening, which includes but may not be limited to, certain job-related medical examinations, drug and alcohol testing, background checks, and gathering of motor vehicle reports and incidents for positions requiring driving on Company business or in a Company vehicle. SM Energy will review the results of those inquiries on an individualized basis as part of its overall decision making process